Alumni Association News
- Alumni may sign up for text or email alerts about alumni association events by emailing Marlene Colgan at email@example.com and including your contact information (cell phone number for text alerts and email address).
- The Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association has established a bank account for funds collected by Olathe alumni classes. Class officers interested in putting their reunion money in the account for future reunion use should contact Amanda York at (913) 780-8182 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made out to the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association with the school and class year in the memo line (example: ON Class of '61). Designated representatives for the class may request their money later by contacting the Community Development office.
- The alumni association executive board includes recent and distant graduates, as well as a number of district staff who will support the organization on a long-term basis. Ed Badsky Jr. is president and Denny Knop is vice president. Lew Lewis is treasurer and Carol Wheeler is secretary. Lew Lewis, Max Beets and Mike Newson chair the Financial Committee. Candy Birch is our representative to the Olathe Public Schools Foundation. Dennis Wheeler chairs the Fundraising Committee; Karen and Max Beets co-chair the Old Settlers Committee. Miles Orscheln and Ericka Bradford co-chair the Young Olathe Alumni Committee. Hazel Hendrix chairs the Reunions Committee. Ken Roberts chairs the Scholarship Committee. Mike Newson chairs the Social Committee. Jill Erickson and Karen Beets co-chair the Wall of Honor Committee; Karen Beets heads up catering for the event.
- Alumni association brochures are given to all seniors prior to graduation in an effort to gather future contact information. Brochures are also provided to classes hosting reunions.
- The names and addresses of 42,300 Olathe graduates are maintained in a database.
- Please let us know if your class is having a reunion. The basic information will be posted below, on the cable Channel 18 throughout Johnson County, and on the districtwide calendar of events.
- School-related memorabilia dating back to the turn-of-the-century is on display in the Education Center, 14160 Black Bob, Olathe. These include a 1910 bid to build the original Central School, and a graduation program from 1891.
- A timeline depicting the district's history was installed in fall 2010 in the hallways of the Education Center.
For more information about the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association, or to update your mailing address, contact Amanda York via email at email@example.com or call (913) 780-8182.
(Photo: District historian Bob Courtney examines one section of the timeline displayed in the Education Center.)
Click the event name for more details.