Alumni Association News
- Alumni may sign up for text or email alerts about alumni association events by emailing Marlene Colgan and including your contact information (cell phone number for text alerts and email address).
- The Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association has established a bank account for funds collected by Olathe alumni classes. Class officers interested in putting their reunion money in the account for future reunion use should contact Amanda York at 913-780-8182 or emailing Amanda York. Checks should be made out to the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association with the school and class year in the memo line (example: ON Class of '61). Designated representatives for the class may request their money later by contacting the Community Development office.
- The alumni association executive board includes recent and distant graduates, as well as a number of district staff who will support the organization on a long-term basis.
- Alumni association brochures are given to all seniors prior to graduation in an effort to gather future contact information. Brochures are also provided to classes hosting reunions.
- The names and addresses of 42,300 Olathe graduates are maintained in a database.
- Please let us know if your class is having a reunion. The basic information will be posted below, on the alumni events calendar and shared via text and email to thousands of alums.
- School-related memorabilia dating back to the turn-of-the-century is on display in the Education Center, 14160 Black Bob, Olathe. These include a 1910 bid to build the original Central School, and a graduation program from 1891.
- A timeline depicting the district's history was installed in fall 2010 in the hallways of the Education Center.
For more information about the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association, or to update your mailing address, email Amanda York or call 913-780-8182.