About Olathe's Professional Learning
The Olathe Public Schools is committed to on-going, purposeful, job-embedded professional learning for all staff members to improve their professional practice and positively impact student results. Individual professional learning is the responsibility of each staff member and the district is accountable for supporting every educator in obtaining and implementing the knowledge and skills to improve student learning and student achievement.
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING BELIEFS
- Professional learning is required for all certified and classified personnel to enhance and improve their competencies.
- All members of our school community should be provided opportunities for professional learning.
- Professional learning is an essential component of striving for excellence, quality, and the accomplishment of our vision, Students Prepared for Their Future.
- Professional and life-long learning are integral parts of our district’s overall Strategic Plan.
- The ultimate purpose of professional learning is to improve student learning and student achievement.
Professional Learning Opportunities
Educator Initiated Professional Learning
On-Demand Professional Learning
In-District Professional Activities