Summer School Programs for 2021
Olathe Public Schools offers Summer Academy for students in grades K-7. This program is by invitation only, is free of cost to our families, and includes bus transportation.
June 7-July 1, 2021
- Students in grades K-4 will be hosted at Prairie Trail Middle School.
- Students in grades 5-7 will be hosted at Pioneer Trail Middle School.
We focus on one foundational skill in reading and one in math.
Parents may request transportation via an online form.
Extended School Year (ESY)
Extended School Year (ESY) is also available for students found eligible for this service by their IEP team. ESY focuses on the IEP goals identified by the IEP team. Please contact your child’s special education case manager for more information.
eAcademy (virtual program)
Summer eAcademy will offer a limited selection of courses for advanced placement students who acquire counselor enrollment permission. The eight-week summer session starts June 1 and ends with finals July 21-22. Click here to visit the eAcademy website for additional information on how eAcademy works and see available courses. Interested students should visit with their high school counselor to get persmission to enroll.
Olathe Public Schools will offer driver’s education this summer in a virtual classroom format. Classes will meet daily from 11 a.m.-noon Monday through Friday.
Where is the Program Located?
Students will be dropped off and picked up at Olathe East High School, 14545 W. 127th Street, Olathe, headquarters for the driver’s education program.
- The June session will run June 1-24.
- The July session will run June 28-July 22.
- Students will pick a morning or afternoon driving session.
- Morning drives will take place between 7-11 a.m., in one-hour increments.
- Afternoon drives will take place between noon-4 p.m., in one-hour increments.
- Students may register online beginning April 12 and ending April 30.
- Students will choose the June or July session and morning or afternoon drive session.
- The cost is $300 payable by credit card, cash or check and due at registration prior to the first day of class.
- Successful completion of the course plus additional driving experience will enable students to obtain a Kansas driver’s license or restricted license (depending on their age and length of time they have held a permit).
- A learner’s permit is not required to take driver's education.
- Students must be 14.5 years old by the first class.
- Driving experience with a parent is recommended prior to the start of class.
- Questions regarding the program? Please email Kraig Taylor at email@example.com
Summer Weight Program
Olathe will hold summer weights sessions at all high schools and middle schools. Updated medical physicals are not a requirement for participation. The cost is $60 per student. Register online.
- Dates are May 24–June 24, Monday through Thursday.
- Available to any Olathe School District current sixth or seventh grader, with all sessions held in the morning. Times vary by school and can be found on the registration site.
- Dates are June 7–July 15, Monday through Thursday.
- Available to any Olathe School District student currently in grades 8–12, with all sessions held in the morning. Most sessions are specific to a sport/activity and information with times can be found at the website above.