The kindergarten curriculum is consistent across the entire district and provides a road map for all educators as they plan to teach what students need to know and do. The ultimate goal is to assess each student’s individual strengths and needs and teach for growth and success.
The kindergarten curriculum provides a solid foundation of basic skills and learning experiences students need. Children progress in their ability:
- to read and write;
- to understand and develop number concepts and math problem-solving skills;
- to experience hands-on science learning and concepts for healthy living; and
- to gain a better understanding of the world through social studies exploration.
The kindergarten day is active with rich experiences through music, art, and physical education. Each school’s library media center program introduces students to the world of information and the joy of learning through books and technology. Students develop positive habits and routines as they interact with others throughout the day.
- Family Guide to English Language Arts (PDF)
- Kindergarten English language arts standards (PDF)
- Kindergarten health curriculum (PDF)
- Kindergarten library curriculum (PDF)
- Kindergarten math standards (PDF)
- Kindergarten physical education curriculum (PDF)
- Kindergarten science curriculum (PDF)
- Kindergarten social studies curriculum (PDF)