Return to School 2020
The Olathe Public Schools is committed to providing a safe learning and working environment for students and staff. In response to COVID-19, our district is offering two learning options for the 2020-2021 school year: in-person learning or remote learning. Details about each option are provided below.
Following the guidance and collaboration of numerous health experts from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Academy of Pediatrics, and various others, the Olathe Public Schools remains committed to doing everything we can as a district to protect the health of student and staff for a safe return to in-person instruction and learning.
Before selecting in-person or remote learning, you need to be aware that this decision will be made for an entire semester. You can change your selection at the semester break.
While the past few months have changed numerous daily interactions, it has been proven that we are better, stronger and more resilient together. This pandemic has been a real-life lesson in grit. We hope that those lessons in moving forward with a positive mind have been echoed at home. Make no mistake, we will get through this together.
Two learning options will be offered for the 2020-21 school year. Parents may choose one of these options.
Information subject to change based on guidance from county, state and national authorities.
- Masks will be required for students and staff throughout the instructional day. Masks will also be required on district transportation.
- Classrooms will promote social distancing to the maximum extent possible.
- The sharing of supplies and classroom items will be limited.
- Students will receive daily direct instruction.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Daily assignments will be given, turned in and graded.
- The district will issue a device for students to participate in remote learning.
- Watch a short video about remote learning