Payride Service Within 2.5 Miles of School
Bus service may be available on a pay basis for students who live less than 2.5 miles from school. Annual registration is required. Open registration is from May 19 through July 24. Registrations received after July 24 may not be processed until September. Late registration may result in an increased walk distance to the bus stop or placement on a wait list. Bus service is available on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis if there is an existing bus in the area. Payrider information is detailed below.
Register for transportation with DS Bus Lines (Please note that you will leave the Olathe Public Schools’ website and be redirected to DS Bus Lines’ RevTrak registration website.)
For schools where regular bus routes currently exist, transportation may be available on a pay-ride basis for:
- Elementary students living 1 to 2.5 miles from school.
- Secondary students living 1.5 to 2.5 miles from school.
- Students who live within a transportation safety variance area.
Registration and payment must be received by July 24. The only spaces available after July 24 will be on a space-available, first-come, first-serve basis and are not guaranteed. Additionally, late requests will not be processed until after Sept. 3. Registrations for new students moving into the district after July 24 will be processed on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis with move-in status verification.
- Regardless of annual or semester payment option, full year fees are required.
- Pay ride fees from the previous school year need to be paid and the account in good standing for a new registration to be accepted.
- No additional discounts are available for students who only ride the bus once per day due to activities.
- Refunds may be available upon request if you move and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Transportation may not be available to students who transfer outside of their attendance area.
- Distances are measured from the student’s home to the school, following the shortest path.
- Students will board the bus at their assigned bus stop.
- Bus stops are primarily established by placing stops near corners that are centrally located within a neighborhood.
- Elementary bus stops will be located 1 mile or more away from the school. Secondary bus stops will be located 1.5 miles or more away from the school.
- A minimum number of bus riders will be required per route.
The base rate for bus transportation is $290 per school year, but various discounts may apply. All other district payride conditions and requirements remain applicable.
The second child in a family receives a 10 percent discount. The third child in a family receives a 20 percent discount. All other riders from a family receive free transportation.
If there is an existing route in the area, students with approved free or reduced-cost federal lunch program applications are eligible for free or reduced-cost transportation on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis if there is an existing route in the area. To receive free or reduced pricing, parents must check the waiver box on the federal lunch program application stating that information may be shared with transportation.
New students moving into the district after July 24 pay the base rate of $290 when registering after July 24.
Please feel free to contact DS Bus Lines via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-361-7400 for assistance or to verify mileage calculations.
2020-21 Annual Payment Per Rider
|# Payriders in Family||Pay May 19-July 2||Pay July 3-24|
|First payride student||$217.50||$290.00 *|
|Second payride student||$195.75||$261.00 *|
|Third payride student||$174.00||$232.00 *|
|Total for two payride students||$413.25||$551.00 *|
|Total for three payride students||$587.25||$783.00 *|
2020-21 Semi-Annual Payment per Rider
|# of Payriders in Family||Pay May 19-July 2||Pay July 3-24 *||Pay Dec. 1-Jan. 31 *|
|First payride student||$137.75||$145.00 *||$145.00 *|
|Second payride student||$124.00||$130.50 *||$130.50 *|
|Third payride student||$110.20||$116.00 *||$116.00 *|
|Total for two payriders||$261.75||$275.50 *||$275.50 *|
|Total for three or more payriders||$371.95||$391.50 *||$391.50 *|