Payride Service Within 2.5 Miles of School
Transportation may be available on a payride basis for:
- Elementary students who reside between 1 and 2.5 miles from their school of attendance.
- Students who reside within a transportation safety variance area.
Open registration is from May 9 through July 1 and registrations are processed on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis if a bus route is available. Late registration will result in a delayed start date, increased walking distance to the bus stop or placement on a wait list.
Registrations for newly enrolled students will be processed on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis.
Bus service is not available at the following elementary schools: Black Bob, Brougham, Fairview, Havencroft, Scarborough, and Sunnyside.
- Annual registration is required.
- Payride fees must be paid in full whether registering for the full year or second semester only. Payments may be made by installments through InTouch accounts.
- Payride fees from the previous school year must be paid and the account in good standing for a new registration to be accepted.
- No additional discounts are available for students who only ride the bus once per day.
- Refunds may be available upon request if you move out of the district or into a non-service area within the district.
- Refunds may be available if your route is impacted by a rolling blackout on a prorated basis.
- No bus transportation is available to students who transfer to a school outside of their attendance area.
- Distances are measured from the student’s home to the school, following the shortest path according to state guidelines.
- Students will board and exit the bus at their assigned bus stop associated with their primary address.
- A minimum number of bus riders will be required per route.
The base rate for bus transportation is $290 per school year, but an early bird discount may apply. All other district payride conditions and requirements remain applicable. Newly enrolled students moving into the district after June 15 pay the base rate of $290.
Students with approved free or reduced-cost federal lunch program applications are eligible for free or reduced-cost transportation on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis. To receive free or reduced pricing, parents must check the waiver box on the federal lunch program application stating that information may be shared with transportation.
Please feel free to contact DS Bus Lines via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-361-7400 for assistance or to verify mileage calculations.
2023-24 Payment Per Rider
|Payment per Student
|Early Discount: May 9-June 15
|Standard: Begins June 16
|Opens Dec. 1
|Full Year Registration
|Registration for Second Semester Only