Canyon Creek Elementary Boundary Process
See the board-adopted boundaries in PDF format
The district’s newest elementary school, Canyon Creek Elementary, is set to open in August 2019. The new school is currently under construction at 24001 W. 97th Terrace in Lenexa and will be the district’s 36th elementary school.
- Read the Canyon Creek Boundary Process Brochure (PDF)
- View the Sept. 17 Boundary Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Read questions and comments from the Sept. 17 meeting
- Read additional questions and comments about the boundary presentation
- View the Oct. 22 Boundary Meeting Presentation (PDF)
Below are some key dates for the school now being constructed.
- Sept. 17 and Oct. 22, both at 6:30 p.m.: Community meetings will be held at Cedar Creek Elementary to gather public input on boundaries
- Winter 2018-19: Principal hired for Canyon Creek Elementary
- Winter 2018-19: Board of Education expected to vote on boundaries. View the entire Dec. 6 presentation in PDF format. See the board-adopted boundaries shown as Concept 1 in a PDF.
- Spring 2019: Principal to work with students and community to determine school colors and mascot
- Spring 2019: Principal to hire staff
- August 2019: Canyon Creek Elementary opens