Meet the Professional Council Leaders
2022-23 Professional Council Members
- John Hutchison, CPA, SFO, deputy superintendent for Business and Operations. John began in Olathe Public Schools in 2007. John’s previous education experience was at Rockwood School District, Francis Howell School District, and Christian Brothers College High School in the St. Louis area. Professional Council member since 2010
- Dr. Todd Wheat, principal, Green Springs Elementary School. Todd began teaching in Olathe in 2001. He taught at Ridgeview Elementary, was an administrative intern at Sunnyside and Arbor Creek, and principal at Northview. Professional Council member since 2018
- Leigh Anne Rogers, president of the Olathe NEA. Leigh Anne began working in the district in 1987. She is a National Board Certified Teacher who has taught first, second and sixth grades at Westview, Indian Creek, Prairie Center, and Forest View. Professional Council member since 2015
- Angie Powers, high school English and AVID. Angie teaches at Olathe Northwest High School. She helped open Olathe Northwest in 2003 in her first year with the district. Angie is a National Board Certified teacher and serves as the Olathe NEA vice president. Professional Council member since 2019
- Shelby Lewis, elementary music. Shelby has been the Countryside Elementary general music teacher since the start of her career in 2016. She is a proud University of Kansas graduate, and is pursuing a masters degree in Curriculum Development from Emporia State University. Professional Council member since 2020
- Clint Albers, assistant superintendent of high school education. Clint began in the Olathe School District in 2014. He served as an assistant principal at Olathe South High School prior to serving as the principal of South. Clint began his career as a physics and chemistry teacher at the Hays School District, and later served as an assistant principal there. Professional Council member since 2021.
- Chris Pittman, staff counsel. Chris began working with the Olathe School District in 2021. He graduated from Washburn University School of Law and received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Oklahoma. Chris has practiced law for more than 20 years. He came to the district from EdCounsel, LLC, where he specialized in representing school districts. Professional Council member since 2022
- Lachelle Sigg, associate superintendent of Human Resources. Lachelle began in the Olathe School District in 2020. She previously served as human resources director in the Shawnee Mission and DeSoto school districts. Lachelle began her career as a school psychologist in the Manhattan-Ogden school district and later served as a middle school assistant principal and principal in the Gardner-Edgerton School District. Professional Council member since 2021.
- Dr. Julia Wenzel-Huguley, German and MTSS-reading intervention, Olathe North High School. She is currently working on National Board certification and is involved in North's Building Leadership Team and is an ONEA building representative. After starting her career in Nashville, Tenn., Julia came to Olathe in 2018. Professional Council member since 2022.
- Eric Skoglund, high school speech, debate and mathematics. Eric has taught at Olathe Northwest High School since 2006. He is the head debate and forensics coach at Olathe Northwest, also serving as the district chair for the East Kansas District of the National Speech and Debate Association and 6A Classification Representative for the Kansas Speech Communication Association. Professional Council member since 2022.
- Dr. Jennifer Woolever, assistant principal at Frontier Trail Middle School. Jennifer joined Olathe Public Schools in 2021, but began her educational career in the Gardner-Edgerton School District teaching third and sixth grades. After teaching, she worked as an elementary principal for eight years. She has both elementary and secondary experience. Professional Council member since 2023.
- Laura Wiltanger, English teacher at Mission Trail Middle School. Laura began teaching in Olathe in 1994 at Oregon Trail Junior High School. She later took a break from teaching but remained involved in education by serving on the board of the Olathe Public Schools Foundation, being a founding member of Citizens for Excellence in Olathe Schools, and a member of the district's Nutrition and Wellness Council. She began teaching at Mission Trail in 2013. Professional Council member since 2023.
2022-23 Board of Education
- Joe Beveridge
- Brad Boyd, vice president
- Brian Connell
- LeEtta Felter
- Robert Kuhn
- Julie Steele
- Shannon Wickliffe, president