Peer Program Application
The Peer Program provides an opportunity for typically developing children to be integrated into our early childhood special education classrooms to serve as role models for our children with special needs. Peers provide positive peer interactions, demonstrate play skills, and model appropriate language and behavior for children with special needs while in the classroom setting.
A peer must live in the boundaries of the Olathe School District and demonstrate age-appropriate skills in the areas of play, social, behavior, speech, language and motor. Additionally, all peers should be independent with toileting and speak/understand English fluently. Children must be at least 3 years old before attending, and not be age-eligible to attend kindergarten.
Below you see locations and descriptions of classrooms, information regarding monthly tuition, and the application / home language questionnaire.
Please complete these forms and return to Harmony at 14030 S. Black Bob Road, Olathe, KS, 66062. They can also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
Once the application has been received you will be sent the Ages and Stages Questionnaires to complete and return. Once all items have been processed, you will be contacted regarding the status of your child’s acceptance. Should your child be accepted into the peer program, you will be contacted and will receive further information, including a start date. If your child is not chosen for a 3-year-old peer spot, you must apply again in January for a 4-year-old slot next year.
The peer program application will reopen on July 15.
Program Age Requirements and Schedules
- Morning Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) for 3-year-olds turning 4 that school year, Monday-Thursday, 8:20-11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon ECSE for 4-year-olds turning 5 that school year, Monday-Thursday, 12:30-3:40 p.m.
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing (D/HH) / Teaching Intensive Programming and Play Skills (TIPPS) for 4-year-olds turning 5 that school year, Monday-Friday, 8:20–11:30 a.m.
Early Childhood Program Locations Currently Accepting Applications
- Three-year-old program sites with openings: Fairview, Green Springs, Heartland Early Childhood Center
- Three-year-old program sites with wait list openings: Bentwood, Black Bob, Briarwood, Brougham, Canyon Creek, Forest View, Harmony Early Childhood Center, Heatherstone, Heritage, Mahaffie, Pleasant Ridge, Ridgeview, Rolling Ridge, Scarborough, Walnut Grove, Westview, Woodland
- Four-year-old program sites with openings: Fairview, Heartland Early Childhood Center, Scarborough, Westview
- Sites are subject to change per board decision
Participation Tuition and Fees
|Payment Type||Enrollment Fee||Monthly Tuition||Transportation Fee|
|Qualifies for Reduced Lunch Cost||$42.50/year||$70/month||No fee|
|Qualifies for Free Lunch Cost||$42.50/year||No fee||No fee|