Options for Close Contacts and Drive-Through Testing
Drive-Through Testing Clinic
Appointments may be made by calling 913-780-7838 or using the online booking website
You will also need to set up account and complete paperwork in advance.
Location: Lindenwood Business and Technical Center, 400 N. Rogers Road, Olathe, 66062
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Last day is Thursday, May 26.
Test Results: Emailed to parents, Olathe Public Schools Health Services, and Kansas Department of Health and Environment (typically within 12-16 hours)
It is recommended that all appointments be made as soon as possible.
The test should be been taken less than 24 hours prior to the start of the school day and then every other day thereafter with results received prior to or during the next school day. Parents are not required to utilize the drive-through clinic if they wish to obtain a PCR test from another source.
Additional Testing Options
Every home in the United States is eligible to receive free at-home COVID-19 test kits. Visit the COVIDtests.gov website for details.
Full Vaccination Status
An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they are a minimum of two weeks beyond their completion of an appropriately spaced primary vaccine series AND have received age-appropriate booster doses within the recommended time frame. For example:
Pfizer (age 12 and older):
- Completed a primary series of two doses spaced a minimum of 21 days apart within the last five months OR
- Completed a primary series of two doses spaced a minimum of 21 days apart more than five months ago AND has received a booster dose (age 12 and older)
- Completed a primary series of two doses spaced a minimum of 28 days apart within the last five months OR
- Completed a primary series of two doses spaced a minimum of 28 days apart more than five months ago AND has received a booster dose (age 18 and older)
Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) (age 18 and older only):
- Completed a primary series of one dose within the last two months OR
- Completed a primary series of one dose more than two months ago AND has received a booster dose (age 18 and older)
An individual is considered to have natural immunity for 90 days after COVID-19 infection confirmed by either PCR test or a healthcare provider-administered antigen test. Documentation must be provided to the district. Home tests are not accepted.
Options After Being a “Close Contact”
- Return immediately by providing a positive COVID-19 diagnostic PCR test or healthcare provider-administered antigen test result within the last 90 days, or proof of full vaccination. Please provide a picture, PDF or screenshot of the student’s vaccination card or positive test result to the school nurse if you wish to utilize this option. Masking for 10 days after exposure regardless of vaccination status is highly recommended.
- Test to Stay and Learn if healthy: a negative PCR test every other day (test taken less than 24 hours prior to the start of school) through Day 7 after last “close contact” with COVID-positive individual.
- Return on the sixth day if healthy: a negative PCR test or healthcare provider-administered antigen test that was completed on or after the fifth day after close contact if asymptomatic. Mask through Day 10 while in school.
- Return on the 11th day without a negative PCR test if asymptomatic. Mask according to school masking status. The student should be monitored for symptoms for 10 days.
- If your student becomes symptomatic or receives a positive test, please share this information with your school nurse and the health department so a new return-to-school date can be provided. Students or staff who receive a positive test are required to isolate per Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE) guidelines.
Test to Stay
The Johnson County Department of Health and Environment no longer issues quarantine recommendations for close contacts, therefore "test to stay" is not required to be in school.
Parents may still have their children tested daily if they wish. (see testing options at top of this webpage)