Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Hospital Indemnity Insurance provides a cash benefit in the event of an unexpected hospital stay for a covered illness and/or injury. You and your covered dependents are paid a set benefit amount, depending on the length and type of your stay. You can use the payment in any way you choose from medical expenses like deductibles to everyday costs like mortgage payments and childcare. Even if you have one of the best medical plans out there, it is unlikely that your plan will cover all the costs incurred by a hospital stay. Aside from hospital bills, there may be additional costs attached to time away from home like meals, travel, and lodging expenses for loved ones.
- Employee Only — $16.47
- Employee and Spouse — $30.63
- Employee and Children — $30.22
- Employee and Family — $46.66
Benefit Coverage Amount
Hospital Indemnity Insurance will pay cash benefits based on the following coverage schedule:
- First Day Hospital Admission: $1,000 paid once a year
- Additional Days in the Hospital: $100 per day up to a maximum of 30 days per year
- Days in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU): $200 per day up to a maximum of 10 days per year
Pregnancy delivery admissions are covered by this benefit.