Substituting for the Olathe Public Schools
Thank you for your interest in working as a substitute teacher. Olathe Public Schools uses both subtitutes with a teaching license and substitutes with an emergency license. Anyone interested in substitute teaching is encouraged to go to the Kansas State Department of Education website and complete an application for a regular substitute or emergency substitute license. If you have any questions during this process, please call. We are happy to help you navigate this process.
Manager, Staffing Support
Emergency Substitute Licensure Steps
KSDE Licensure Process:
- Complete the Kansas State Department of Education Emergency Substitute licensure application at www.ksde.org. (You will need 60 college credits to qualify.)
- Pay the application fee of $60.00. There is also a $3.00 processing fee.
- Send official transcripts where directed after applying.
- Complete your KBI fingerprint check. You can get your fingerprints done at a law enforcement agency. Mo-Kan Mobile Fingerprinting at 913-530-1169 is typically able to do your prints within a day or two.
Ready to start the hiring process with Olathe?
Application Process for Olathe:
- Complete an online application with the Olathe Public Schools. First go to the human resources tab, then click the employment opportunities tab.
- If you start the application, then jump to mark the position of substitute teacher it will shorten the length of the application for you. You can go back anytime to add additional positions.
- Once you have submitted the application, we will email onboarding forms for you to begin working on. Please get these ready so when the license is ready you can bring in all the paperwork and get signed up.
- After you submit your paperwork, and your background check has cleared, you will be invited to attend an orientation. **To expedite the process, you are welcome to see if there is room in an upcoming orientation near the time you expect to get your license. Call Shelly at 913-780-8268 to reserve a spot.