How to become an Emergency Substitute
Thank you for your interest in working as a Substitute Teacher. If you have any questions during this process, please call! We are happy to help you navigate this process!
Manager, Substitute Staffing
To apply: www.olatheschools.org -> click Human Resources -> click Employment Opportunities -> complete the external application
Looking for more information? www.olatheschools.org/Page/8947
- Only 60 college credit hours required to get an Emergency Substitute License from the state of Kansas.
- Flexible hours.
- You can attend orientation while waiting on license so when you receive it, you are able to get started quickly.
- Pay is $16.63 an hour with a 4 hour minimum guaranteed for daily jobs ($133.00 a day).
- Long term positions of 10 days or longer pay $20.00 an hour ($160.00 a day).
- We will work with you on start and end times of jobs so you can get your children to and from school if needed.
- You get to make a difference in the day of a child. You choose what age group you want to work with, and what schools you want to work at.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get your Emergency Substitute License
KSDE Licensure Process:
- Complete the Kansas State Department of Education Emergency Substitute licensure application at ksde.org. You will need 60 college credits to qualify.
- Pay the application fee of $60.00. There is also a $3.00 processing fee.
- Send official transcripts where directed after applying.
- Complete your KBI fingerprint check. You can get your fingerprints done at a law enforcement agency. Mo-Kan Mobile Fingerprinting at 913-530-1169 is typically able to do your prints within a day or two.
How to renew your Emergency Substitute License
To renew your Emergency Substitute License, you will need to submit Form 8. Please access the Kansas Licensure Application System to login and fill-out Form 8.
You will need to submit Form 8 BEFORE your current license expires, so you do not have to redo your fingerprints.
Hiring Process Steps
Ready to start the hiring process?
- Complete an online application with the Olathe Public Schools (www.olatheschools.org). In the top right corner, click on Employment then Apply Here.
- We will be notifed once you have submitted your application.
- We will review your application. If you are being considered for employment, we will check references.
- Once the references have been reviewed, we will email onboarding forms and directions.
- When the background check has cleared and all onboard forms are submitted, you will receive an invitation by email to attend an orientation.
We look forward to having you join our team!