Become a Substitute Teacher Today
Substitute Teachers and Nurses
Thank you for your interest in become a substitute teacher. Olathe Public Schools relies on their substitute teachers and nurses to help our schools achieve a relentless pursuit of excellence. Our substitute teachers provide effective teaching strategies so that student learning continues in the absence of the classroom teacher. You play a vital role in student achievement.
Great reasons to work as a substitute:
- The pay is $133.00 a day for a full day and $160.00 for long term jobs.
- 60 college credits can get you an emergency substitute license.
- Substitute teaching works well with college students’ schedules.
- This is a great job for parents of students attending an Olathe school.
- Substitute RNs can work and still maintain other part-time nursing jobs.
- Olathe Public Schools honors their subs with Prize Patrol. See below for more information.
- A minimum of 60 college credits.
- A current Kansas Teaching License (regular, initial, exchange, standard substitute or emergency substitute)
- Meets the employment qualification set for by the Olathe Public Schools and the Kansas State Department of Education
For more information, please email email@example.com
Twice a year, the schools nominate substitutes that they think have gone above and beyond. The Prize Patrol surprises 10 substitute teachers and nurses in the fall and again in the spring while they are at the school with a gift card and a small gift courtesy of the Olathe Public Schools Foundation. We recognize around 20 submitters per year and encourage the schools to thank all substitutes during Prize Patrol Week. Some schools show their appreciation with candy bars, free sodas and sidewalk chalk! We are grateful for our substitutes and we want them to know it.
Thank you for your service to the students of Olathe Public Schools!