How Should I Prepare for My Interview?
The interview is an important part of the application process.
- A parent/guardian should be present at some point during the interview.
- Zoom may be utilized for conducting the interview.
Here are some tips to prepare:
Interview Sign-up Information
- Sign-up information will be sent out by each individual academy no later than three days before winter break.
- A pair of slacks and a nice shirt is appropriate for anyone.
- Pick out your outfit ahead of time to reduce stress on the day of the interview.
- If you are in need of an outfit, check with your Middle School counselor as they may have clothes with options available or they can help you find something to wear.
- If your middle school has mock interviews, sign up for them.
- Practice answering your essay questions verbally.
- Be able to speak about your area of interest with passion and excitement.
- Be able to speak about any experiences you have had in your area of interest.
Interview the Academy
- The interview is not just about the academy interviewing the student. It is also about the student interviewing the academy to see if it is a good fit for the student.
- Prepare questions for the academy staff regarding how the academy will benefit you and prepare you for your future.