Welcome to Geoscience Academy - Est. 2003
The Geoscience Academy is located at Olathe North High School.
Earth, Ocean, Space & the Environment.
Who We Are
Students in the Geoscience Academy have a desire to study the earth and its processes. They engage in exploration of the world of Geoscience by engaging in authentic learning experiences, working with industry standard research equipment and scientific tools. A sense of community is developed through their collaborative experiences with other like-minded individuals. The study of Geoscience addresses critical issues such as water and mineral resources; stewardship of the environment, along with studies in meteorology, oceanography, marine biology, paleontology, and more.
What We Do
- Study the ocean and its life through 3000+ gallons of salt water aquaria.
- Work with industry and university professional through unique partnerships and internship opportunities.
- Explore the natural world to identify environmental problems – both natural and human made.
- Participate in independent project design based on student’s area of interest.
- Field experiences to the ocean and mountains to allow students to apply their knowledge in a real world setting.
- Use advanced lab equipment including Geographical Information Systems (GIS), a paleontology lab, and Weatherbug weather center.
- Contact information: email Geoscience@olatheschools.org or call 913-780-7140