Welcome to Distinguished Scholars Academy - Est. 2004
The Distinguished Scholars Academy is located at Olathe North High School.
Who We Are
Academically high-achieving students immerse themselves in rigorous, non-traditional course work in one of five content areas as well as participate in cross-curricular year-long studies. Many students plan to pursue post-graduate degrees prior to embarking on careers.
What We Do
- Work in a freshman cohort during the first year to explore academic disciplines and develop cultural awareness
- Specialize in one of five content areas—Language Arts, Math, Political Science, Science, Visual Arts—for sophomore through senior years
- Think and work outside the traditional academic “box” to understand current global issues from various curricular viewpoints.
- Learn from experts in their chosen fields of study
- Participate in unique field research
- Receive specialized preparation for the PSAT/NMSQAT
- Compete in local, regional, and national academic competitions
- Gain access to advanced technology and resources appropriate to their fields of study
- Explore and learn academic topics outside the scope of even the most rigorous high school courses
- Prepare for rigorous undergraduate and graduate coursework in a wide range of academic disciplines
- Contact information: email DistinguishedScholars@olatheschools.org or call 913-780-7140