Welcome to Sports Medicine & Exercise Science Academy
The Sports Medicine and Exercise Science Academy is located at Olathe North.
Who We Are
Combine your interest in Sports and Science through this award-winning hands-on curriculum.
- Discover the science behind human movement and athletic performance
- Develop skills to assist injured athletes
- Explore a variety of Health Career Fields through coursework, shadowships, projects and internships
- Mentor with a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Assist in the assessment of athletic injuries on the field and in their rehabilitation in a well-equipped training facility
- Learn to measure cardiovascular fitness on a treadmill with a VO2 Max Computer
What We Do
- Have real world experience maintaining and working in a fully equipped Athletic Training Room and opportunities to research exercise in the Kinesiology Lab.
- Have hands-on experiences including taping/wrapping for sports injuries, first aid, emergency care, rehabilitation of injuries and use of therapeutic exercise/modalities
- Earn opportunities for travel to competitions, exhibits and college visits
- Gain clinical field experiences with industry professionals including but not limited to physical therapists, strength coaches, physical educators, nutritionist and paramedics
- Have opportunity to earn five hours of college credit through EMR courses in addition to other AP or college-level courses
- For more information please visit our Sports Medicine & Exercise Science website
- Contact Information: email email@example.com or call 913-780-7140