A Look Inside Engineering
Welcome to Engineering Academy - Est. 2003
The Engineering Academy is located at Olathe Northwest High School.
Real world solutions through engineering design
Who We Are
21st Century challenges through technology and teamwork. Empower students to use informed engineering design practices to collaboratively create responsible and innovative solutions to their current and future challenges, both individual and global. Students in this four-year program:
- Students engage in socially relevant design challenges that make core engineering concepts accessible from the start while illustrating how engineers solve problems for human benefit.
- Students collaborate to complete a series of design challenges that require purposeful application of relevant STEM concepts.
- Students utilize the engineering approach to solving problems, regardless of whether they decide to pursue engineering as a career.
- Students explore engineering fields and professions such as Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, and much more!
What We Do
- Explore the breadth of engineering fields and professions so students can decide if engineering is right for them
- Learn authentic engineering practices in a project-based setting
- Work in a deeply collaborative environment
- Discover engineering’s potential to impact human lives and the world around us
- Build resilient problem-solving skills and empower skills
- Students learn to “think like engineers”
- Students design, create, and improve solutions to solve existing real-world problems
- For more information please visit our Engineering website
- Contact information: email Engineering@olatheschools.org or call 913-780-7150
Learn About CTE and Engineering Academy
Ten of our 15 Academies have a Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathway embedded in them. This means the courses they already take in the Academy also follow a CTE pathway. When a student earns an Academy Endorsement by completing all the requirements they may also earn a "CTE Completer" status. Both the Academy Endorsement and the CTE Completer status will be printed on the student's transcript. These are great tools on the resume to show a student's accomplishments. Additionally, CTE Completers are eligible for CTE Scholars recognition.
The CTE Engineering and Applied Math pathway is embedded into the Engineering Academy