Community Open House
The Engineering Academy located at Olathe Northwest will hold a virtual open house from 6-8 p.m on Wednesday, Nov. 16th.
Things you’ll see and do at our 2022 Open House
- Greeted by Engineering Academy Freshmen. Ask them questions about their experiences so far in Engineering and their transfer to High School.
- Take a Student led tour of Engineering Academy workspaces including each grade level classroom, wood shop, and metal shop. On the tour you will be guided around my Engineering Academy Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores as they talk about projects they have worked on and answer your questions. The tour will have multiple stops to see a video from each of our 7 instructors talking about the classes they teach.
- See our 3D printer and items that students have designed and printed
- See our Metal Shop and hear from students on how using the CNC Router, Mill, Lathe, and other tools have helped bring their designs to life.
- In the Commons, each of our five capstones will have their projects on display including, FIRST Robotics Competition robot, electric car, combat robotics, FIRST Tech Challenge robot, wheelchair costumes, and more.
- Watch robotics matches of the junior engineering students competing with their FTC robots. Also walk through the pits and ask students about their design choices of their robots and how they decided to solve the problem.
- Talk with Freshmen and sophomores about the projects they worked on during the Freshmen School year including earthquake resistant buildings, pinhole cameras, and arduino programing.
- See examples of projects from unique elective classes such as Material Science and CAD III.
- Meet with the Engineering Academy instructors and get any questions you have answered.
Please view this zoom recording of the Facilitators Q&A Zoom session from the 2020 school year
Please view this zoom recording of the Academy Students Q&A Zoom session from the 2020 school year
Please view the following overview videos below or at the left:
Closed captioning can be enabled for all YouTube video content, in multiple languages. After you click on the embedded video, open the video on YouTube by clicking on the YOUTUBE link in the lower right of the video. Select CC (close caption). Then click on settings; subtitles; auto-translate; and choose any language for subtitle translation.