Draft Your Application
It is important to prepare a DRAFT of your application
This is because the online system will time out after approximately 15 minutes, and it does not notify you. You will need your responses prepared ahead of time in order to complete the application before the app times out.
- Applications are NOT “first-come, first-served.”
- You will receive a confirmation email that it has been received the following day, to both the student and parent emails in the application.
- Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for both email addresses.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email by the end of the following day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to DRAFT Template
Click on this link to open the document to draft your application.
You will need to make a copy of it on your personal drive or a USB flash drive.
- When you are done with your draft, you will be ready to copy and paste your drafted responses into the application text boxes.
- Please view the How to Apply video at the left.
Additional task when applying for Distinguished Scholars
If you are applying for Distinguished Scholars, there is an extra response in the requirements for your application.
Click on this link for the instructions
Distinguished Scholars applicants need to click on this link to complete a separate personal response, as well as other requested items, that will also be submitted in the application.
- You will upload your response and other items asked for.
- Only PDF and JPEG files are accepted.
- Please view the How to Complete the Distinguished Scholars portion of the application video at the left.
Revise and Edit Responses
Please have an adult, older sibling, or family member/friend read and give feedback on your essay responses. Make edits and revisions at least once, if not more than once.