A Look Inside Business Finance
Welcome to Business Finance Academy - Est. 2017
The Business Finance Academy is located at Olathe South High School.
Accounting & Wealth Management
Who We Are
Turn your passion into profit. Graduates with a business degree have an inside track to the American Dream. Careers in the Accounting and Wealth Management area are experiencing high growth which is expected to continue. The fields of Accounting and Wealth Management explain why the 2008 recession occurred; it is the reason why people concern themselves with the stock market on a day to day basis. Become part of a cohort group studying business essentials and accounting processes your ninth and 10th-grade year. Select an emphasis in either Accounting or Wealth Management to finish your endorsement.
- Understand principles of finance, investments, and wealth management
- Study the business and accounting cycles
- Practice ethical decision-making
- Develop an understanding of economic principles
What We Do
- Participate in job shadows, mentorships, and internships
- Join student organizations and compete at national leadership conferences including: regional and national High School Ethics Bowl; local, state and national DECA and FBLA competitions
- Tour the Federal Reserve, as well as other local businesses
- Attend guest speaker presentations
- Establish connections with universities through tours and workshops
- For more information, visit our Business Finance website
- Contact information: email BusinessFinance@olatheschools.org or call 918-780-7160
Learn about CTE and Business Finance Academy
Ten of our 15 Academies have a Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathway embedded in them. This means the courses they already take in the Academy also follow a CTE pathway. When a student earns an Academy Endorsement by completing all the requirements they may also earn a "CTE Completer" status. Both the Academy Endorsement and the CTE Completer status will be printed on the student's transcript. These are great tools on the resume to show a student's accomplishments. Additionally, CTE Completers are eligible for CTE Scholars recognition.
The CTE Business Finance Pathway is embedded into the Business Finance Academy