Welcome to Business Finance Academy - Est. 2017
The Business Finance Academy is located at Olathe South High School.
Accounting & Wealth Management
Who We Are
Turn your passion into profit. Graduates with a business degree have an inside track to the American Dream. Careers in the Accounting and Wealth Management area are experiencing high growth which is expected to continue. Become part of a cohort group studying business essentials and accounting processes your 9th and 10th grade year. Select an emphasis in either Accounting or Wealth Management to finish your endorsement.
- Understand principles of finance, investment, and wealth management
- Study the business and accounting cycles
- Practice ethical decision-making
- Develop an understanding of economic principles
What We Do
- Work in a team environment to develop and cultivate interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and effective problem-solving
- Participate in job shadows, mentorships, and internships
- Compete in local, state, and national competitions, including DECA
- Tour the Federal Reserve, local businesses, and area colleges
- Attend guest speaker presentations
- Partner with Junior Achievement to empower students to own their economic success
- For more information, visit our Business Finance website.
- Contact information: email BusinessFinance@olatheschools.org or call 918-780-7160
Learn about CTE and Business Finance Academy
Ten of our 15 Academies have a Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathway embedded in them. This means the courses they already take in the Academy also follow a CTE pathway. When a student earns an Academy Endorsement by completing all the requirements, they may also earn a "CTE Completer" status. Both the Academy Endorsement and the CTE Completer status will be printed on the student's transcript. These are great tools on the resume to show a student's accomplishments. Additionally, CTE Completers are eligible for CTE Scholars recognition.
The CTE Business Finance Pathway is embedded into the Business Finance Academy.