Welcome to Construction Trades
Construction Trades Overview
The Construction Trades program provides students with hands-on construction experience as they participate in the completion of an off-site construction project. Students will spend the majority of their class time working in the shop at the job site.
- Learn the skills necessary to remodel, repair and maintain a home
- Explorer career, educational and employment opportunities including advanced placement in a construction-related apprenticeship program
What We Do
- Partner with educational and industrial institutions for advanced learning and employment opportunities
- Integrate skills needed in the workplace into classroom and laboratory instruction
- Participate in unique partnershps with Farmers Insurance, Heartland Habitat for Humanity, and the Builders Training Center
This program is available to students in their junior and/or senior year for three hours a day.
- An articulation agreement with the Western Training Facility and Regional Carpenters Council provides commercial apprenticeship opportunities in 13 skilled craft areas. Students entering a commercial apprenticeship receive preferential treatment and approximately 30 hours of college credit upon completion of specific apprenticeships.
- Residential construction opportunities are available through requests from area contractors representing all fields of residential construction from the foundation to the finish work, specialty areas, new construction and remodeling work.
- Become self-employed and own your own business.
- St. Louis - Kansas City Carpenters Regional Council
- Western Training Facility
- Associated General Contractors
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry
- Home Builders Association
- Heartland Habitat for Humanity
- McCown Gordon Construction
- Farmers Insurance