Dear Parents/ Guardians,
The Spring semester for Seniors is full of celebrations, decisions and sometimes stress about what the next step brings.
If you are a Senior student planning on attending a trade school, 2 year or 4 -year post-secondary school this summer or fall, now is the time to complete the following:
· FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Automotive Aftermarket Scholarship – Due March 30th
- Automotive Dealers Association of Greater KC – Due March 30th
- JCCC Sunflower Grant Application – Due March 30th
- American Welding Society – National Scholarships (100s) @ www.olathschools.org (click on community, Olathe Public School Foundation, Students & Parents, and finally click on the scholarship you would like to preview.)
· Apprenticeships for summer o www.kansasapprenticeship.org – learn while on the job
· Request Transcripts electronically o District directions can be found at: https://www.olatheschools.org/Page/3571
· Write Essays that includes, but not limited to the following:
- What are your career goals?
- How will a scholarship help you reach your goal?
- How has Olathe Advanced Technical Center, SkillsUSA, Prostart, etc. guided you to this career goal?
· Letters of Recommendations: (Give at least 2 weeks’ notice and have Thank you notes ready)
- Ask at least 4 people to write generic letters of recommendation
- Work, Church, High School Teacher/Counselor, Coach, Band Director, Scout Leader
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Barnum (780-7026) or their high school counselor.