Welcome to OATC
Welcome to the two-year career and technical education programs! The two-year programs are available for Olathe juniors and seniors only. All of our programs focus on today’s high-demand career fields and help prepare students for the world of work or post-secondary training by combining student interest and learning through hands-on experiences, industry-standard resources and equipment, and real-world partnerships fusing academic and technical skills, knowledge and the training necessary for future careers.
Students must complete an application process for acceptance into our two-year programs. Student applicants need to have good attendance, good behavior, and be on-track to graduate in order to qualify for our programs during their junior and senior years. The timeline for applying for a two-year program is:
- End of October — Application for the following school year goes live
- October — District open house for students in grades 8–11
- October/November — Scheduled tours with students' home high school
- December — Application deadline
- January — Students are notified via email of acceptance to a program
- Mid-January — Students must accept their position by returning their signed contract.
- April - Students must attend a Mandatory Orientation meeting annually in order to be enrolled in our programs.
Please contact our office at 913-780-7026 with any questions or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need an American Sign Language interpreter, please email building secretary Tracy Horn at least five days in advance.
A Look at Our Programs
Our Main Campus:
611 N. Nelson Road,
Olathe, KS 66061
1005 S. Pitt, Suite A
600 E. Prairie Street
Our Phone Number:
Our Fax Number:
Our School Colors:
Orange, black and gray