Cale Miller Honorarium
An honorarium of $1,000 will be awarded to one ONW choir senior in honor and memory of Cale Miller. Cale was an ONW graduate in the class of 2007, and served his country as a Pvt. First Class in the U.S. Army. He gave his life for our freedom in 2012 in Afghanistan. Cale’s parents have established an honorarium in his name. Mrs. Williamson was the proud aunt of Cale.
The intended use of the honorarium is to help defray costs associated with collegiate level musical pursuits. Uses of the honorarium may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Singing in a collegiate choir
- Majoring in music in college
- Minoring in music in college
- Purchasing music materials for a college course
- Tuition costs for enrolling in a music class in college
Seniors applying for the honorarium must complete an application form and submit it to the choral music director by April 1 of the respective year. All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. The $1,000 check will be awarded at the ONW choir banquet in April.
The recipient will be chosen based on:
- Completed application received by the deadline.
- Documentation of choir involvement at ONW.
- Declaration of intent to use funds toward a musical post high school endeavor.
- Essay portion of the application.