Technology Resources for Students
Here is a variety of technology resources for all Olathe Northwest students.
- Tech 233 – Olathe District’s new tech website
- Teachers – sign in to School Dude to place a tech help request or work order. Work orders should be entered into SchoolDude directly (instead of going through HelpDesk), and all Apple support can be done through HelpDesk email or phone (instead of iPad Help email). The iPad Help email will remain active through Spring Break.
- Connect your device to wifi – BYOD
- Apple support for teachers
- Teachers – install printers (use Internet Explorer browser)
- Reset your password
- MS Office 365 is free for students
- Set up your StudentVue account
- Managing your files
Forward School Email to Your Private Email
- Go to http://gmail.com.
- Enter your school Gmail address. It’s your student login @students.olatheschools.com, so for example, your address might be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your school Gmail password. It’s the same as your login. If you don’t know your password, any teacher can help you reset it.
- Click on the Settings gear in the upper right hand corner, and select Settings.
- From the top of the Settings page, click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” buttion.
- Click the button “Add a forwarding address.”
- Type the email address that you check most frequently and consistently.
- Log in to your preferred email, and click the confirmation link that should have been sent from Gmail. You will be taken to a screen that says “Confirmation success!”
- Now, go back to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” settings using steps 1-5 as needed.
- Under the Forwarding section, choose the “Forward a copy of incoming mail” option. You can also customize other options from here.
- Make sure you click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the screen.