2022 ONW Graduation
We are so excited about hosting graduation at 7pm on Sunday, May 22, 2022, for Olathe Northwest. Graduation will be in the CBAC football stadium. The following information has been shared with senior students in English classes in the last few days.
*Seniors will pick up their 7 graduation tickets that will only be used if the weather requires us to be inside for graduation. Each ticket will admit 1 person for graduation inside the gym. If the weather prevents us from being outside, information will be shared at approximately 4:30pm on Sunday, May 22, through email, social media, and websites. We will only communicate if we need to move to graduation indoors. We do encourage you to bring the tickets with you even if we are outside as it’s Kansas and May – you just never know.
- Park in the north lot at CBAC (across from PRT) and arrive by 5:30pm with their cap/gown. If we are inside, graduates should park in the north lot at ONW (behind the school) and meet in the auditorium.
- Wear appropriate clothing to reflect the graduation ceremony. Dresses, skirts, dress pants, collared shirts, etc. Seniors should wear flat-soled shoes (no narrow heels) to make navigating the turf field easier.
- Not permitted to decorate their graduation caps.
- Bring only their keys and, I guess, their phones with them.
- Graduates will cross the stage from east to west and receive their diploma cover. They will be congratulated by district and building administration and board members who will give them their diploma cover. Grad Images will take pictures of the graduates at a couple points and these will be available for purchase through Grad Images only.
- Gates will open at 5:30pm for guests. Park in the east and west lots (see map). Seating is first-come, first-served, but there is not a limit on guests per graduate when we are outside. For those who have contacted the building for handicap seating, it is on the turf field, just inside the chain link fences on the east and west sides of the stadium. Staff in golf carts will help those who need support to travel from the parking lot to the gate entrance.
- Guests are encouraged to bring water bottles – no concessions will be available that evening. Water fountains will be on for guests to refill water bottles.
- Every family and graduate would like to hear their name read clearly. We discourage the use of artificial noisemakers (i.e. air horns).
Diplomas will be distributed to graduates after the ceremony for a limited time (30 minutes) on the soccer field. The graduate is the only one who can pick up the diploma. If the graduate opts not to pick up the diploma during that time, it will be available at ONW during office hours starting on Thursday, May 26. If we are inside, diplomas will be distributed in the Commons.
Families interested in the live streaming of graduation can visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtM-wAC3F4Co2GNIeLMWS3Q or the District Homepage on Sunday, May 22 www.olatheschools.org/graduation.