2022-23 Schedule Release Information
Schedules will be available on Friday, July 29, 2022:
- Accessing StudentVUE and ParentVUE: If you are using the app, the first time you click on "student schedule" it will be blank until you also click on "semester 1." Then, the schedule will appear on the screen.
- For any student without online access, they may pick up a hard copy of their schedule in the main office between 8:00 AM-12:00 PM or 1:15-3:15 PM the following week. Students may only pick up their own schedules; we cannot give schedules to students for their friends or siblings.
ONW students, particularly those who are new to the building, are welcome to walk their schedule/the building on:
- Monday, August 1st from 12:00PM-4:00 PM
- Thursday, August 4th from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
**If you believe there is an error in your 1st semester schedule (you are enrolled in the wrong class) or you are missing a class (for instance, there is no 3rd hour listed on the schedule), please EMAIL the student's counselor.
Schedule Change Guidelines
- A schedule correction will only be made if a COURSE is being changed or if a first semester hour needs to be filled.
- Teacher requests or course hour corrections CANNOT be honored
- If a student requests a class during enrollment (initial choice or alternate) and wishes to change that class, the student will have the option to change to another class in that same hour. For instance, if a student requested Business Economics and that class is scheduled for the student during 2nd hour, the student can elect to change that class to another class with openings that is also the 2nd hour.
- If the student did not request a class during enrollment, more flexibility would be afforded in this situation.
- The stipulations in numbers 3 and 4 are to preserve the significant amount of work done to create as much balance as possible with respect to the number of students in each class.
- Corrections for the 2nd semester will not be done at this time; 2nd semester schedules may be changed beginning in October thru December 9th.
Important information regarding emails:
Emails for schedule corrections will be accepted from July 29th - August 9th at 3:00 PM. This will be the last opportunity for ONW students to correct their first semester schedules and NO first semester schedule corrections will be made after this time.
Please allow 3-5 business days to return your message. Emails are handled in the order they are received during normal school office hours (8:00 AM-3:30 PM). Emails sent after these hours or on the weekend will be returned during school office hours.
Academic Intervention/Advisory & Seminar:
All students in grades 9-12 will be enrolled in these two courses. Academic Intervention/Advisory will occur on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Seminar is only on Thursday. While seminar has been part of our bell schedule for many years, academic intervention/advisory is new and based on a Kansas State Department of Education expectation. More information about what this will look like for students and how it fits in the bell schedule will be provided on Fridays in Notes from the Nest. For now, we wanted you to be aware that these should be on your student’s schedule when it’s released tomorrow.
Counselor Email Addresses
|Sydnee Harris||A-B & W-Zemail@example.com|
|Lacey McDannald Gillis||R-Vfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Before enrolling a student, make sure to verify that the student's primary address is within the Olathe Northwest boundaries
If a student's primary place of residency falls outside the boundaries, they must be accepted into an ONW 21st Century Program (eComm or Engineering), or else they will have to enroll in their "home" high school first and request a transfer online.