How to Register Your Community Service Hours
All student volunteer community service hours will be recorded using the student's Xello account. This will allow a more streamlined and accurate way of documenting volunteer hours. In order to access this site, please follow these step-by-step directions.
- Log into the Xello thru ClassLink on your school computer.
- Once there, click ABOUT ME at the top of the page.
- Click the volunteer icon under the EXPERIENCE tab.
- Once on this page, record all the required information. Be sure to accurately record the date and number of hours
- In the DESCRIPTION section, record the EXACT date(s).
- Do not forget to hit the SAVE button upon completion of each experience.
All hours must be completed and reported between April 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023. Hours completed prior will not be counted for this year.
***Dates will not change just the year***
Spring 2023 Raven Community Service Award Criteria
- Gold Award = 250 hours and above
- Silver Award = 175-249 hours
- Bronze Award = 100-174 hours
Seniors will receive their community service award certificate during Senior Awards Night in Spring of 2023. Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors will receive their certificates during the 9th-11th grade Fall Awards Breakfast.
If you have any questions or problems logging your hours, please contact Mrs. McDannald Gillis at 913-780-7157 or email email@example.com.
Community Service Opportunities
Prairie Point HOA Clean Up:
The HOA board of the Prairie Point neighborhood is offering an opportunity for an ONW student to get some volunteer hours by picking up trash around their pond. This would take about 1 hour each month, with the possibility for a few more hours during the summer months. They would supply trash bags, a net, and a trash stick. The student would need some type of rubber boots, since they would be working around the edges of a shallow pond. The student will check in with Holly Brewer before coming to the pond; she will have the supplies and verify the volunteer hours.
Contact: Holly Brewer, Prairie Point HOA Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org