Project Graduation - A Safe Party
What is Project Graduation?
Nationally, graduation night and prom have the highest rate of teen death due to accidents. Therefore, Project Graduation seeks to provide a safe alternative.
Project Graduation is a 501-3C non-profit organization run by volunteer senior parents at Olathe East and is completely funded by community and parent donations an fundraising. This evening provides a safe and alcohol-free environment for our seniors to celebrate with their classmates one final time before they go their separate ways.
Important Graduation Dates
Graduation Ceremony: Sunday, May 17 at 2 p.m. (CBAC, if indoors at ONW)
Project Graduation: Sunday, May 17 at 7 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. (Main Event - Olathe)
Graduating seniors will travel to the Main Event via First Student Bus System for a full evening of games, food and entertainment. Please note – This event is for grads only. If the student went to school through their Senior year, but did not receive their diploma, they will not be able to participate. Students/persons outside of the 2020 graduating class will not be permitted.
- 6:30 p.m.—Arrive at Olathe East (Commons) to check in, line up and load buses (must have a ticket). Student need to park in back (south) parking lot.
- 7 p.m. —Buses depart for Main Event
- 12:00 a.m.—Load buses & return to Olathe East by 12:30 a.m. Prize redemption will be immediately when kids return to East. Students must return on bus. No early departure.
How much is a Project Graduation ticket?
Ticket prices are $55. Ticket sales will begin in Mid-April. If you choose, you can pay $20 now and pay $35 in the Spring or purchase your ticket in the anytime for $55. Deadline is April 30th, 2020.
How can you pay?
- Online with Venmo: Send money to Cheri-Woodsmall (We have the OE Project Grad account linked to this account and it has been verified by other committee members.)
- Just remember to add your student’s name in the comment section for us to easily match up parent to student.
- Mail: Mail checks made payable to “Olathe East Project Graduation” to Cheri Woodsmall, 12949 S. Summit Olathe KS 66062 OR send to front office in envelope clearly marked PROJECT GRAD.
How can you participate?
- Donate to the Project Graduation fund: $20 + (If everyone donated there wouldn’t be additional fundraising needed.) Do this via Venmo or a check mailed to Cheri Woodsmall 12949 S. Summit Olathe KS 66062 or into the front office. See below for details. Please note if this is a ticket purchase or a donation.
- Volunteer at the various Project Grad fundraisers: Help with basketball concessions, monthly restaurant nights, hang flyers at school etc.
- Talk with you senior about Project Grad. This event is not school funded, so students have limited knowledge about this event.
- Come to the monthly meetings held at OE to share your talent, ideas, creativity & connections.
- Ask your company for a charitable donation fund!! Consider asking them to donate to OE Project Graduation! (501-3C letter available upon request)
- Have a fundraising idea? Please let us know! We need $$$ to make this a success.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes. Project Graduation is a 501-3C organization. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for tax letter.
We need donations! Please help stock Project Grad Basketball Concessions with your donations. You or your student can drop off donations when concessions are open in the Commons on Wednesday 1/29 (3:30-8:30), Thursday 1/30 (5:30-8:30) or Saturday 2/1 (11:00-5:00).
If none of those times work for you, you can drop off or ship directly to Jeanne Chaloupka Fitzgerald or Amy Kapple home - email or text for the address and to coordinate times. email@example.com 913-548-9826 or firstname.lastname@example.org 913-209-9613.
Exact sizes requested are important in order to keep our product consistent. Most items can be found in those quantities at Sam's Club, Amazon or Walmart. Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you so much for supporting our seniors!
We also need prize donations to make our event possible! Project Grad is collecting gift cards to give as prizes for this year's event! We encourage all OEHS families to consider donating and supporting this great program that provides a fun night of safe celebrating for our seniors. We are a non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
It's easy! Just sign up and bring your gift card(s) to the OEHS office marked Project Grad -or- you can Venmo Cheri-Woodsmall (note PG Gift Card) and we will purchase one for you! The Class of 2020 thanks you for your support of this wonderful annual event! Please click below to sign up!
Interested in Keeping an Olathe East Tradition Alive?
We are looking for Co-Chairs for the Class of 2021 and beyond. After 4+ years, Cheri Woodsmall and Amy Bible will be retiring their positions this year, so we are looking for someone who is interested in taking over this FUN and REWARDING event. Please help keep the Senior tradition alive! Transition is easiest if we can get someone to commit PRIOR to the event so they can see first hand how it all plays out. Fundraising for Class of 2021 begins in July at registration. Contact Cheri Woodsmall at 913.568.3708 with questions and details!
Wondering how you can help this year?
Our next meeting date is:
Wednesday, February 5th - 6:30pm - Coach's on 135th St.
Please follow us (at the very least on FB, as this is where the MOST information is shared in a timely manner!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Cheri Woodsmall 913.568.3708 or Amy Bible 913.548.6821, Project Grad Co-Chairs.