Project Graduation - A Safe Party
What is Project Graduation?
Nationally, graduation night and prom have the highest rate of teen death due to accidents. Therefore, Project Graduation seeks to provide a safe alternative.
Project Graduation is a 501-3C non-profit organization run by volunteer senior parents at Olathe East and is completely funded by community and parent donations an fundraising. This evening provides a safe and alcohol-free environment for our seniors to celebrate with their classmates one final time before they go their separate ways.
Important Graduation Dates
Graduation Ceremony: Sunday, May 17 at 2 p.m. (CBAC, if indoors at ONW)
Project Graduation: Sunday, May 17 at 7 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. (Main Event - Olathe)
Graduating seniors will travel to the Main Event via First Student Bus System for a full evening of games, food and entertainment. Please note – This event is for grads only. If the student went to school through their Senior year, but did not receive their diploma, they will not be able to participate. Students/persons outside of the 2020 graduating class will not be permitted.
- 6:30 p.m.—Arrive at Olathe East (Commons) to check in, line up and load buses (must have a ticket). Student need to park in back (south) parking lot.
- 7 p.m. —Buses depart for Main Event
- 12:00 a.m.—Load buses & return to Olathe East by 12:30 a.m. Prize redemption will be immediately when kids return to East. Students must return on bus. No early departure.
How much is a Project Graduation ticket?
Ticket prices are $55. Ticket sales will begin in Mid-April. If you choose, you can pay $20 now and pay $35 in the Spring or purchase your ticket in the anytime for $55. Deadline is April 30th, 2020.
How can you pay?
- Online with Venmo: Send money to Cheri-Woodsmall (We have the OE Project Grad account linked to this account and it has been verified by other committee members.)
- Just remember to add your student’s name in the comment section for us to easily match up parent to student.
- Mail: Mail checks made payable to “Olathe East Project Graduation” to Cheri Woodsmall, 12949 S. Summit Olathe KS 66062 OR send to front office in envelope clearly marked PROJECT GRAD.
How can you participate?
- Donate to the Project Graduation fund: $20 + (If everyone donated there wouldn’t be additional fundraising needed.) Do this via Venmo or a check mailed to Cheri Woodsmall 12949 S. Summit Olathe KS 66062 or into the front office. See below for details. Please note if this is a ticket purchase or a donation.
- Volunteer at the various Project Grad fundraisers: Help with basketball concessions, monthly restaurant nights, hang flyers at school etc.
- Talk with you senior about Project Grad. This event is not school funded, so students have limited knowledge about this event.
- Come to the monthly meetings held at OE to share your talent, ideas, creativity & connections.
- Ask your company for a charitable donation fund!! Consider asking them to donate to OE Project Graduation! (501-3C letter available upon request)
- Have a fundraising idea? Please let us know! We need $$$ to make this a success.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes. Project Graduation is a 501-3C organization. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for tax letter.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
OE Onsite Registration - Thursday, July 25th, 11 am – 7 pm
We need volunteers for OE Registration Project Grad Table July 25th - 4 shifts:
11 - 1 PM - Filled
1 - 3 PM – Filled
3 - 5 PM - Filled
5 - 7 pm - Open
We will be selling Directories, Senior Apparel and kicking off our Fall Mums sale! And of course, recruiting volunteers and committee members for the year!
Johnson Co. Old Settlers – Thursday, Sept 5th – Saturday, Sept 7th.
Mr. Bevis BBQ and OE Proj Grad are pairing up and have a booth!
Details coming soon on jobs and time slots – and did we mention, Yummy BBQ! Watch our Facebook page and Twitter for details and Sign Up Genius!
OE Senior Apparel – Now through Sept 28th – Designs and shirt examples are available and will be on display at OE Onsite Registration on July 25th. These are always a huge hit with the Seniors and are a great fundraiser for us! Order Forms available soon. 2020 Olathe East Seniors Apparel
Mums Sales – Now through Sept 21st – Beautiful Mums from Penrod’s Greenhouse. Pickup will be Friday, Sept 28th.
Student Directory Sales – Now through Oct 1st – A Parent Must have! Delivered at Fall Conferences
Johnson Co. Old Settlers – Thursday, Sept 5th – Saturday Sept 7th.
Back to school shopping is here! Our seniors beg you . . . please use Amazon Smile for all your Amazon purchases this year.
For every purchase made when you choose "Olathe East Project Graduation" as your designated charity, the kids get money back! It goes directly into the Proj Grad account! We have generated $440.63 as of May 2019 - that is just in one month! Imagine the impact we can make this year if we ALL shop via #amazonsmile ??
(all meetings are held in OE Commons unless otherwise noted)
Aug 28 – 7 pm
Oct 23 – 7 pm
Nov 20 – 7 pm
Feb 19 – 7 pm
April 22 – 7 pm (Last meeting prior to event!)
Please follow us (at the very least on FB, as this is where the MOST information is shared in a timely manner!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Cheri Woodsmall 913.568.3708 or Amy Bible 913.548.6821, Project Grad Co-Chairs.