Project Graduation - A Safe Party
What is Project Graduation?
Nationally, graduation night and prom have the highest rate of teen death due to accidents. Therefore, Project Graduation seeks to provide a safe alternative. For over 25 years, Olathe Schools have been keeping kids safe on graduation night with this amazing, parent-led program.
Date: Sunday, May 19th from 7:30 pm - 12:00 pm, Main Event in Olathe
Project Graduation is a nationwide 501-c3 non-profit organization run by volunteer senior parents at each school and is completely funded by parent donations & fundraising. This evening provides a safe and alcohol-free environment for our seniors to celebrate with their classmates one final time before they go their separate ways.
We are at about HALF of our goal right now -- donations are drastically down compared to years past. Our restaurant nights have not been what they've been in the past, I am sure due to the nasty weather we had, but our other fundraisers have not done well either. WE NEED PARENT/COMMUNITY DONATIONS in order to pull this off!
The cost is $55 per student if we have 300 kids participating. If there are less than that, that amount goes up to $65. It is our goal - as it is every year - the students get their ticket cost BACK in either cash or prizes, such as gift cards, electronics, etc. Last year, the event was $21,000 and included food, drinks and unlimited games/bowling, etc at Main Event.
Projections are looking good - we anticipate an additional $9000 before May, coming from the community (Garmin, Olathe Health, various small businesses) - which is helpful, but we still need more parent donations. Several of you have contributed gift card donations (THANK YOU!) and we still need those if possible.
How can you help?
- Venmo: Send money to Cheri-Woodsmall (We have the OE Project Grad account linked to this account and it has been verified by other committee members.)
- Just remember to add your student’s name in the comment section for us to easily match up parent to student.
- Mail: Mail checks made payable to “Olathe East Project Graduation” to Cheri Woodsmall, 12949 S. Summit Olathe KS 66062 OR send to front office in envelope clearly marked PROJECT GRAD.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes. Project Graduation is a 501-3C organization. Send email to email@example.com for tax letter.
How much is a Project Graduation ticket?
As of today - ticket prices are $55. Final price will be determined closer to the day of the event based on the remaining fundraising needs. Ticket sales will begin in Mid-April.
How can you participate?
- Donate to the Project Graduation fund: $25 + (If everyone donated there wouldn’t be additional fundraising needed.)
- Volunteer at the various Project Grad fundraisers: Help with basketball concessions, monthly restaurant nights, hang flyers at school etc.
- Talk with you senior about Project Grad. This event is not school funded so students have limited knowledge about this event.
- Come to the monthly meetings held at OE to share your talent, ideas, creativity & connections.
- Ask your company for a charitable donation fund!! Consider asking them to donate to OS Project Graduation! (501-3C letter available upon request)
- Have a fundraising idea? Please let us know! WE NEED $$$ to make this a success.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
*Saturday March 30th - Regional Math Counts Event at OE - Sign up genius is below - WE NEED FOOD/DRINK DONATIONS FOR THIS AS WELL.
March 26, Chipotle
Senior Banners - This is a great way to show the community how very proud we are of our Olathe East graduating seniors and support Project Graduation which provides a safe drug and alcohol free place for the seniors to celebrate.
Each banner is 72” x 18”, orange with blue print and made of weather-proof material with grommets for hanging outside; customized with your graduate’s first name and the option you select as shown above. You will be notified when they are available for pickup. Enclose cash or check made payable to OE Project Graduation (Please note banner in the memo) along with this order form and send to: Kelly Parish, 11932 Haskins St. Overland Park, KS 66213 or put Kelly Parish Project Graduation on envelope and deliver it to the OE office. Questions or ordering after deadline contact Kelly Parish at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-904-8190.
ORDERS ARE DUE APRIL 19TH!
Follow us on:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Cheri Woodsmall 913.568.3708 or Amy Bible 913.548.6821, Project Grad Co-Chairs.