Olathe Public Schools Early Childhood Programs
The Olathe Public Schools provides a variety of learning experiences for children between the ages of 3 and 5 years of age.
For specific information any of these programs, please click the link to the left.
- Early Childhood Special Education: Our Early Childhood Special Education programs serve children that demonstrate a significant delay in one or more areas of development (cognition, motor, social, communication, adaptive). Services can be provided within a range of environments.
- Peer Program: Children who are typically developing can participate in our inclusive Early Childhood Special Education programs. The peer program follows an application process. Click 'peer program' on the left menu for additional info.
- Kids Count Screening: If you suspect your child has a developmental delay, the district can complete a developmental screening at no cost to you. Screenings include developmental testing for all areas (cognition, motor, social, communication, and adaptive).
- Olathe Head Start Programs: serve children between the ages of 3 and 5 who meet program requirements from the federal government.
- Olathe JumpStart pre-kindergarten program: Olathe's JumpStart program serves children who meet program requirements, including being kindergarten eligible the following school year.
These programs and services are designed to help build a strong foundation for lifelong learning.