The Olathe Public Schools has various early childhood programs with opportunities for fee-based peer students:
- Jump Start (at-risk) Fee-Based Peer
- Early Childhood (ECSE) Fee-Based Peer
Three and four year old children who do not meet the criteria for Jump Start (at-risk) or Early Childhood Special Education can apply to participate in one of those programs.
Bus transportation is not available for fee-based peer students.
District requirements for the fee-based peer program:
- The child must live within the boundaries of the Olathe School District
- The child must demonstrate age-appropriate skills in the areas of play, social, behavior, speech, language, and motor
- The child must be independent with toileting
- The child must be at least 3 years old before August 31 of the upcoming school year and not be age-eligible to attend kindergarten
Fee-Based Peer enrollment is limited. The Fee-Based Application for the 2023-2024 school year will be available online starting January 6, 2023, through March 11, 2023. Selections will be made through a lottery system.
If you have any questions regarding the Fee-Based peer application process, please contact Shannon Leeds at 913-780-7341.
Age Requirements for Our Programs
|3 by Aug. 31, 2023||Early Childhood Special Education||Monday-Thursday||8:20-11:30 a.m.|
|4 by Aug. 31, 2023||Early Childhood Special Education||Monday-Thursday||12:30-3:40 p.m.|
|4 by Aug. 31, 2023||Jump Start||Monday-Thursday||8:20-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-3:40 p.m.|