Olathe’s Seven Guiding Principles for Early Childhood Learning:
- Children are active learners.
- Development and learning are interrelated.
- Growth and learning are sequential.
- Each child is an individual learner.
- Development and learning are embedded in culture.
- Family involvement is necessary.
- Children’s learning can be clarified, enriched, and extended.
Illness and Attendance
The early childhood center staffs work hard to keep our environments as germ-free as possible. However, from time to time we all are likely to have a cold or other communicable disease. If your child has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, it is district policy that they cannot be at school. They are not to return until they are fever free without medication for 24 hours.
Our nurse will need to keep a record of any communicable diseases, so please let her know when your child is sick. If your child will not be coming to school for health or other reasons, please notify your center: Heartland and Head Start, 913-780-7410 or Harmony, 913-780-7015.
If your child is a bus rider, please also notify First Student at 913-782-1050.