Report An Absence
Attendance is a very vital aspect of your student's success in high school!
In case of an absence, parents/guardians are asked to call the attendance office on or before the date of absence.
Attendance Line: 913-780-7845
Please leave a voice message. Messages are checked from 7 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
The following may be recognized as excused absences but must be reported to the attendance office by 3:30 p.m. of the day following the absence.
- Personal illness
- Serious illness or death of a member of the family or close friend
- Obligatory religious observances of the students’ own faith
- Verified physician or dentist appointments
- Court appearances
- Emergency situations requiring immediate action
- An absence which has been requested in writing and approved in advance by the building administration
- Students are given a one-minute warning bell to arrive to class on time.
- Any student not arriving to class on time must report to one of two tardy tables.
- The student will be given a pass to class (three per quarter) and assigned a consequence after their third tardy.
- Teacher may assign their own consequences for the first three tardies.
- Students and parents will be notified of any unexcused absences via email.
- Students will be given 23 hours to clean up any attendance issues by way of speaking with teachers and/or having parents call in to report sick days or doctors’ appointments.
- A preferred method to avoid extra work by staff for students is to have parents call in any excused absences prior to the student missing school.
- Students who have unexcused absences will be given consequences beginning with a one hour detention, which if not served would escalate to a Thursday School, which if not served would escalate to Out of School Suspension.
- This protocol will follow in line with the consequences of not taking care of excessive tardies by serving the initial one hour detention.