OW Student Council
What is Student Council?
“We, the students of Olathe West High School, establish this student government based on the principles of citizenship, leadership and integrity. The Olathe West Student Council (StuCo) shall promote school pride, spirit and traditions, cohesiveness, and involvement. It is the responsibility of StuCo to develop harmonious relations among the students, faculty, administration, community and other schools. StuCo shall be the official body to recommend student policy to the administrative team and shall be the liaison between the two. The Student Council shall plan, develop, and administer student activities shall at Olathe West High School to achieve these goals.”
(Olathe West Student Council Constitution)
What does Student Council do?
StuCo is involved in supporting the school community. Some of the events we've done this year (and plan to do) are...
- Homecoming Week (Buff Puff, Powder Puff, Royalty, Dance)
- Trunk or Treat (Monster's Inc Theme)
- Halloween volunteer activity
- Nov. 14, 2019 Blood Drive (collected a record number 105 pints)
- Monthly Service Projects
- Owlympics (coming March 2020)
- Students Serving Students (student voice board)
- Mental Health Support (suicide awareness, mental health month)
- Spring Elections (coming April 2020)
- Summer and Fall Regional Conference Attendance
- March 12, 2020 Blood Drive
- Owlspresso Cafe (Mon.-Fri. 7:00-7:45am)
- Owlympics Student Event (March 2020)
- Relay for Life at ONHS (March 27-28, 2020)
- Student Concerns Discussion Group (coming spring 2020)