Middle School Curriculum
Explore our site to learn more about our programs or download the program planning guides below in PDF format. For more information contact Dr. Jim McMullen, assistant superintendent of middle school education, 913-780-8037.
- View the 2023-24 Program Planning Guide (PDF)
- Vea el programa de planeaciôn guiada 2023-24 (PDF)
- View the 2024-25 Program Planning Guide (PDF)
- Vea el programa de planeaciôn guiada 2024-25 (PDF)
The following documents are PDFs and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here if you do not have it.
- View the Family Guide to English Language Arts - Grade 6 (PDF)
- View the Family Guide to English Language Arts - Grade 7 (PDF)
- View the Family Guide to English Language Arts - Grade 8 (PDF)
Elective courses successfully completed typically may not be repeated. Exceptions may include Communications / Multi-Media, Sewing, Theatre, Vocal and Instrumental Music.
Electives are offered based on student request and building staffing. Not all electives may be offered in every building.
Middle School Curriculum Standards
Olathe Public Schools' course curriculum standards are approved by the Board of Education. They parallel national and state standards and are consistent across the entire district to provide a road map for all educators as they plan to teach what students need to know and do. Standards are designed to assess students' individual strengths and needs for growth and success, providing a solid foundation of skills and learning experiences to fulfill the district mission of Students Prepared for THEIR Future.