Welcome to the procurement website. We hope this site provides a customer-focused experience allowing for easy access to the most up-to-date purchasing and contracting information and resources you are seeking.
Our mission is to effectively and efficiently support the schools in the district with their procurement needs and to secure goods and services from responsible merchants and vendors at a price that represents the best value and quality enabling staff to fulfill the district’s educational goals.
The intent of the Procurement Department is to establish and provide the end users and vendors with clear and efficient procedures for obtaining products and services. We are here to serve you. Please call or email the Procurement Department for assistance in purchasing goods, supplies, materials and equipment, and to provide feedback on our website if you have trouble locating necessary information.
Scott Carpenter — Assistant Director of Business and Financial Services — Procurement
The Role of Procurement
- Ensure compliance with all statutes, regulations, board policies and procedures pertaining to procurement
- Request for bid and proposal preparation, issuance, evaluation and negotiation
- Establish and review contracts for goods and services
- Plan short- and long-term strategic procurement objectives
- Maintain vendor database
- Enter, receive and distribute purchase orders
- Obtain quotes from vendors
- Meet with vendors
- Be involved in the selection and purchasing of furniture, supplies and equipment for the daily needs of schools and support buildings
- Work with district administrators and staff as duties require
- Manage the district's procurement card program
- Provide support of the district's financial software to internal users