Notes from the Nurse
Kansas requires two vaccines for students entering seventh grade. The required vaccines are the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis/Whooping Cough) and the Meningococcal Vaccine.
Your child needs to provide the school with documentation that they have received these vaccines.
Where can you obtain these vaccines?
- Your family physician or pediatrician
- Walk-in clinics, including CVS and Walgreens
- Health Partnership Clinic (407 S. Clairborne, Olathe KS)
- Johnson County Health Department (Northwest corner of 119th Street and Ridgeview)
Return results to your school nurse by:
- Fax: 913-780-7249
- In person to the Chisholm Trail front office during office hours
- Via email as an attachment to the school nurse
Feel free to call with any questions.
Please note: You can view your student’s immunization records on ParentVUE.
Students may carry over-the-counter medications, such as non-prescription pain relievers, cold or allergy medicine, with the following requirements:
- Must be in the original, marked container
- Never distributed to another student
- Questions? See the medication policy on the district website
Student athletes are required to have a physical form on file with the office before trying out or participating in a sport. See the required sports physical forms on the district website.
Please upload your student athlete’s sports physical to our online portal. Read the instructions
Your student needs to stay home from school if they have a temperature over 100.0 or if they are vomiting/having diarrhea. Your student needs to be fever-free and vomit/diarrhea-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- COVID: Read the district's general COVID information
- Influenza A and B: Your student needs to stay home for five days from the onset of symptoms and they need to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
The school nurse can administer prescription medications to your child. You will need a doctor’s order. Links to forms are here:
If your child has asthma, be sure your child has an inhaler. They should carry their inhaler with them.
Degrees and Certifications: