Notes from the Nurse
Kansas requires 2 vaccines for students entering 7th grade. The required vaccines are the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis/Whooping Cough) and the Meningococcal Vaccine.
Your child needs to provide the school with documentation that they have received these vaccines.
Where can you obtain these vaccines?
- Your family physician or pediatrician
- Walk-in clinics, including CVS and Walgreens
- Health Partnership Clinic (407 S Clairborne)
- Johnson County Health Department (Northwest corner of 119th and Ridgeview)
Return results to your school nurse by:
- Fax: 913-780-7249
- In person to the Chisholm Trail front office during office hours
- Via email as an attachment to your school nurse (JIRoss@olatheschools.org)
Feel free to call with any questions.
Please note: You can view your student’s immunization records on Parent Vue.
Students may carry over-the-counter medications, such as non-prescription pain relievers, cold or allergy medicine, with the following requirements:
- Must be in the original, marked container
- Never distributed to another student
- Questions? See: Medication Policy
Student athletes are required to have a physical form on file with the office before trying out or participating in a sport. All required forms are here: Sports Physical Forms
Please upload your student athlete’s sports physical to our online portal. CLICK HERE TO FIND INSTRUCTIONS
Your student needs to stay home from school if they have a temperature over 100.0 or if they are vomiting/having diarrhea. Your student needs to be fever-free and vomit/diarrhea-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Covid: Here is a link to The District Covid Policy
- Influenza A and B: Your student needs to stay home for 5 days from the onset of symptoms and they need to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
The school nurse can administer prescription medications to your child. You will need a doctor’s order. Links to forms are here:
Self Carry Medication Form/Spanish
If your child has asthma, be sure your child has an inhaler. They should carry their inhaler with them.
Degrees and Certifications: