• Medications

    Posted by Webmaster on 4/12/2018

    All prescription medications that are to be given at school for 2019-2020 must have a doctor's order dated AFTER May 1, 2019. 


    Download the medication form on the district website at https://ks01907024.schoolwires.net/cms/lib/KS01907024/Centricity/Domain/1227/MedAuthorization061912.pdf.


    Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications Middle School and High School Medication Policy:

    The middle school and high school medication policy varies slightly from the elementary school policy and encourages increased responsibility.

    All prescribed medications should be brought to the school nurse’s attention.

      • Many medications prescribed for attention deficit disorder and emotional problems, including depression, are controlled substances. Controlled substances require an annual doctor’s note and parent’s authorization and must dispensed from the health room under the supervision of the school nurse. (download Medication Authorization Form in PDF format — English or Spanish) The physician/dentist signature may be on this form or be received by the school on another form including a fax from the physician/dentist office. The doctor's note should not be dated earlier than May 1 preceding the school year for which it is applicable.

      • Students in sixth through 12th grades with diagnosis of asthma or severe allergies may carry and self-administer emergency medication. Kansas law states that this self-administration policy require written parent and physician signature specifying the name and purpose of medication, prescribed dosage, conditions under which the medication is to be self-administered and verification that the student has been instructed in self-administration, etc. (download the Authorization Form for Self – Administration of Emergency Asthma/Allergy Medication in PDF format — English or Spanish)

      • Antibiotics and other non-controlled prescription medications can be carried and self-administered by the student at the nurse's discretion. Medication must be in the original prescription bottle.

      • Over-the-counter medications (Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough drops, etc.) may be carried and self-administered by students without written parent and/or physician signature. A limited supply of over-the-counter medications is available from the health room. Parents provide permission during online enrollment for the school nurse to administer over-the-counter medications.

      • In addition, these general rules apply:

      • All medication is to be carried in its original container.

      • At no time should a student give medication to another student.

      • The principal may revoke the self-medication privilege of any student found to be in violation of the policy.
    Comments (-1)
  • Physicals

    Posted by Webmaster on 4/12/2018
    Comments (-1)


By Month

Ms. Ross - Nurse

 Jennifer Ross

Phone: 913-780-7240


Degrees and Certifications:

Jennifer Ross