Notes from the Nurse


    Kansas requires 2 vaccines for students entering 7th grade. The required vaccines are the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis/Whooping Cough) and the Meningococcal Vaccine. 

    Your child needs to provide the school with documentation that they have received these vaccines. 

    Where can you obtain these vaccines?

    • Your family physician or pediatrician
    • Walk-in clinics, including CVS and Walgreens
    • Health Partnership Clinic (407 S Clairborne)
    • Johnson County Health Department (Northwest corner of 119th and Ridgeview)

    Return results to your school nurse by:

    • Fax: 913-780-7249
    • In person to the Chisholm Trail front office during office hours
    • Via email as an attachment to your school nurse (

    Feel free to call with any questions. 

    Please note: You can view your student’s immunization records on Parent Vue.



    Students may carry over-the-counter medications, such as non-prescription pain relievers, cold or allergy medicine, with the following requirements:

    • Must be in the original, marked container
    • Never distributed to another student
    • Questions? See: Medication Policy


    Student athletes are required to have a physical form on file with the office before trying out or participating in a sport. All required forms are here: Sports Physical Forms

    Please upload your student athlete’s sports physical to our online portal. CLICK HERE TO FIND INSTRUCTIONS



    Your student needs to stay home from school if they have a temperature over 100.0 or if they are vomiting/having diarrhea. Your student needs to be fever-free and vomit/diarrhea-free for 24 hours before returning to school.

    • Covid: Here is a link to The District Covid Policy
    • Influenza A and B: Your student needs to stay home for 5 days from the onset of symptoms and they need to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.



    The school nurse can administer prescription medications to your child. You will need a doctor’s order.  Links to forms are here:

    Medication  Form   

    Medication Form/Spanish   

    Self Carry Medication Form   

    Self Carry Medication Form/Spanish  

    If your child has asthma, be sure your child has an inhaler. They should carry their inhaler with them.

Jennifer Ross

Phone: 913-780-7240


Degrees and Certifications: