Students have a variety of clubs to choose from at Mahaffie Elementary School.
Mahaffie Leadership Team
Congratulations and welcome to Mahaffie Leadership Team! You have already shown such leadership to your classmates and student body. I am so excited to work with each of you this year! We will meet in my classroom on the second Thursday of each month at 7:30 a.m. (with the exception of September and February). Please meet me outside at the benches by the Happy Faces. We will enter through that door together.
You are welcome to bring your breakfast or a snack to eat while we have our meeting.
Each meeting we will discuss many important topics and plan events. Please try to be on time. If you will be absent, it's not a problem. Please have your parent let Miss Harmon or Mrs. Galley know in advance.
Our meeting dates:
- Thursday, Jan. 11
- Thursday, Feb. 15
- Thursday, March 8
- Thursday, April 12
- Thursday, May 10
We held practices in the fall to work up to a 5K, the Jared Coones Pumpkin Run, on Oct. 7.
Running club is a commitment! Please note the rules below and decide if this is a commitment you are willing to make.
- Students must bring a water bottle.
- Students will need to be on time to the gym at 3:40 p.m. to begin.
- Students must adhere to club rules and behaviors.
- Students must be picked up at 4:30 p.m. sharp.
- Students will be removed from the club if they have even one unexcused absence (not attending without notifying the sponsor).
- Students will be removed from the club if they are not dressed in appropriate clothing (i.e. jeans, skirts, flip flops, etc.)