Opportunities to Play Sports
KSHSAA Physical Forms
Olathe students in middle school and high school may participate in a variety of sports during three playing seasons: fall, winter and spring. Physical examinations are required for all students Grade 6-12 who are participating in sports.
- Complete the pre-season physical evaluation form found on the Required Athletic Forms page (link at left).
NOTE: Students and parents must ALSO sign the concussion and head injury release form. Please click on the Concussion Management link on the left menu to obtain this form. BOTH forms are required before students may participate.
- Cross Country — Coed 9-12
- Football — Boys 7-12
- Golf — Girls 9-12
- Gymnastics — Girls 9-12
- Soccer — Boys 9-12
- Tennis — Girls 9-12
- Volleyball — Girls 7-12
NOTE: Middle schools offer a competitive, intramural cross country program for boys and girls, grade 6. Interscholastic cross country is offered for grades 7-8.
- Basketball — Boys & Girls 7-12
- Bowling — Boys & Girls 9-12
- Swimming / Diving — Boys 9-12
- Wrestling — Boys 9-12
- Baseball — Boys 9-12
- Golf — Boys 9-12
- Soccer — Girls 9-12
- Softball — Girls 9-12
- Swimming / Diving — Girls 9-12
- Tennis — Boys 9-12
- Track & Field — Boys & Girls 6-12
NOTE: Sixth-grade track and field, an intramural, is not under the jurisdiction of the Kansas State High School Activities Association. Interscholastic track and field is offered for grades 7-8.