Web and Digital Communications Pathway
Careers in Web and Digital Communications involve creating, designing and producing interactive multimedia products and services, including development of digitally-generated or computer-enhanced media used in business, training, entertainment, communications and marketing. Organizations of all types and sizes use digital media (the World Wide Web, CD-ROM, DVD) to communicate with existing and potential customers, to track transactions, and to collaborate with colleagues.
- Non-Transfer program available at all five high schools
- Transfer program available at Olathe Northwest High School (e-Communication Academy)
- Digital Media 2D/3D Artist
- Streaming Media Specialist
- Virtual Reality Specialist
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Social Networking Specialist
- Game Designer
- Web Site Developer
Credit Info - Web and Digital Communications
* Only 0.5 credit of this class counts toward the 2.0 credits required for Concentrator status and 3.0 credits required for Completer status.
To be considered a CTE Completer in the pathway, students must complete 3.0 credits within the course sequence and earn an industry recognized, comprehensive certification or pass a third-party, end-of-pathway assessment. At least 2.0 of the required 3.0 required credits must be a combination of technical and application level courses.
Offered at: Olathe East, Olathe North, Olathe Northwest (21st Century e-Communication Academy), Olathe South, Olathe West