Free and Reduced-Price Meal Program
National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program for
School Year 2023-24
- The new, Federal free and reduced meal application for 2023-24 will be available beginning July 6 within the Online Registration process. It will also be posted on the district website. Families must apply each year for free or reduced school meals, transportation, and student registration fees.
- Filling out the federal free and reduced application will be necessary before students will be able to qualify for and access free or reduced breakfast and lunches during the 2023-24 school year.
- Benefit determination is based on the income guidelines set by USDA.
- Online applications are highly encouraged. The process is simple and eliminates the most common mistakes, making the process much faster. Please make sure you receive a confirmation number at the end of the process as this means your application was accepted. Once your application is received by the office, we will review it and process it as soon as possible. You will receive your determination letter via mail or email (if you entered one), the email will arrive from the software company we use to process benefits (SolanaAdmin@HorizonSolana.com).
- If you are unable to apply online, a paper Free and Reduced Meal application can be completed and mailed to Food Services. Please keep in mind that a paper application will take longer to process (10 business days) and you are responsible for any meal charges incurred before the approval of benefits. Make sure you follow all the instructions. We cannot process an incomplete application and this will delay the process. We highly encourage you to apply online if you are able: English / Spanish
Families who qualify for meal benefits can also complete a Consent for Disclosure form - either online when they are applying for benefits or via paper. The consent for disclosure saves families time by giving Food Services permission to share meal benefit status with other programs so families can receive additional benefits such as reduced instructional fees. A paper copy of the consent can be found here: English / Spanish.
- If you have not received a notification letter within two weeks of applying, please contact Andrea Hernandez, Child Nutrition Program Specialist, at 913-780-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org