NCAA / NAIA
In addition to the information and site links provided on the College Bound Athletes page just prior to this one, Olathe South is listing the following specific links to take you directly to the most frequently used information.
NCAA eligibility guidelines change often. It is the responsibility of the student athlete to ensure that they are meeting NCAA/NAIA eligibility requirements. More information about eligibility requirements and registering with the Clearinghouse can also be found in the Olathe Public Schools Program Planning Guide. Even though it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that NCAA/NAIA eligibility requirements are being met, student athletes that plan to play college athletics or are being recruited by colleges for athletics are advised to let their counselor and the Athletic Director know of these intentions.
High School Timeline
Grade 9- Plan
- Start Planning now! Take the right courses and earn the best grades that you can.
- Ask your counselor for a list of your high school's NCAA core courses to make sure you take the right classes. Or, find your high school's list of NCAA core courses at eligibilitycenter.org/courselist
Grade 10- Register
- Register for a Certification Account or Profile Page with the NCAA Eligibility Center at eligibilitycenter.org
- If you fall behind on courses, don't take shortcuts to catch up. Ask your counselor for help with finding approved courses or programs you can take.
Grade 11- Study
- Check with your counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate on time.
- Take the ACT or SAT, and make sure the NCAA gets your scores by using the code 9999.
- At the end of the year, ask your counselor to upload your official transcript.
Grade 12- Graduate
- Take the ACT or SAT again, if necessary, and make sure the NCAA gets your scores by using code 9999.
- Request your final amateurism certification after April 1.
- After you graduate, ask your counselor to upload your final transcript with proof of graduation.
Olathe South NCAA Approved Courses
Click to to find out which OSHS courses are NCAA approved. The NCAA high school code for Olathe South is 172222.