Pick Up / Drop Off Procedures
Families with children attending Indian Trail are encouraged to consider two different routes when picking up or dropping off their children.
- Use the entrance as well as exit which is located behind Indian Trail and ties into Ridgeview.
- Come in off 151st Street at the front of Indian Trail Drive (nearer Olathe South) to loop through the east parking lot between Indian Trail and Olathe South and drop off at the activity/pool entrance. Use the new exit off 151st street. We anticipate this left turn will be most useful during the day and evening hours. We expect limitations to a left turn immediately after school and would encourage a right turn.
For those transporting students to Olathe South High School, we provide three options.
- Use the entrance behind Indian Trail and off Ridgeview to make the first left turn into the E lot (north of the building) and then the first right turn after the gymnasium. You'll find a drop off near the northeast entry of the building. From there, proceed toward the South football field, make a right turn and follow the signs to the traffic light at Lennox.
- Use the entrance behind Indian Trail and off Ridgeview to make a turn at the third available entry into the E lot (north of the building) and then proceed to the drop off near the northwest entry of the building. From there, finish the loop and head toward the west until you connect with the drive that provides exit back onto Ridgeview.
- Use the main entrance off 151st Street which is located at the southeast area of the Indian Trail campus and make the loop through the east parking lot between the two schools. Exit the parking lot at the new exit off 151st Street.
The bus lane for those buses responsible for transporting the majority of bus riding students at Olathe South is located between the schools. The entry for this lane is located near the southwest corner of Olathe South and exits in the new drive between the two schools. Buses for Indian Trail park in front of Indian Trail. These lanes are to remain clear of automobile traffic. Parents that need to come inside Indian Trail may drive in the inner lane adjacent to the bus lane to enter the lot in front of the school and park.
Personnel will be on hand to facilitate a timely delivery and departure. We will continue to review the traffic flow and work with our community to provide a safe and timely entry/delivery onto the Indian Trail/Olathe South campus. Please see the map below to view the traffic flow pattern.