- Olathe North High School
- Daily Announcements
December 13, 2019
Posted by Jessica Johnson on 12/13/2019
- It’s not too late to participate! Calling all teams, coaches, clubs, sponsors, departments!! Please join us in the HOLIDAY SHOEBOX GIFT DRIVE & help a deserving kid have a happy holiday. The group that donates the most boxes wins donuts!! More info outside room 817 & 818 or see Mr. Swift or Mrs. Waldron.
- Help Mrs. Martin’s senior advisory assist the Mayor of Olathe in raising funds for the Pennies for Shoes Campaign. Grab your spare change and look for the festive holiday cart during Eagle Halftime this week. You won’t be able to miss it! ‘Just 25 cents from every Olathe student would assist the Mayor in reaching his Shoe Fund Goal for the Mayor’s Christmas Tree Fund. Let’s see if Olathe North can help the most!
- If you took the PSAT in October, please see Mrs. Sherraden in the front office for your results.
- AVID students will be in the 400 hallway during Eagle Halftime Friday, December 13th with SAFE pledge cards to sign. Stop by and sign a SAFE (Seat belts Are For Everyone) pledge card to enter a monthly prize drawing. The first 300 students to sign a pledge card will receive an awesome button!
- Attention Juniors and Seniors please check your student emails to vote for the prom theme for 2020.
- Spread some holiday cheer by sending your friends a candy gram! Sophomore Leadership Team is selling candy grams this week during EHT in the blue room and south commons. For $1 you can send a personal note with a candy cane that will be delivered during Advisory next week.
- Any student interested in taking driver's education classes this winter at Olathe North can apply online beginning January 6th online at: https://www.olatheschools.org/Page/2484
- Do you love Cats and Dogs or just Animals in general? You can help the Olathe Animal Shelter by donating various items this Holiday Season. Some items needed include tide pods, paper towels, and blankets. There are fliers in the hallways with a full list of needed items for the Shelter. You can take you donations to Mrs. Cris Pitman's room, 509. Teachers may also notify Mrs. Pitman and her advisory students can pick up the items in the last few minutes of the school day. We will take donations until the end of 1st Semester.
- Are you taking the ACT test in February? If so, then it is time to get ready for the test. ON is hosting a ACT prep class on Saturday, January 11th. The cost is normally $45, but for North students it is only $20. See Mrs. Sherraden in the counseling office for registration information.
- Schedule changes for second semester must be requested before you leave for winter break. Students, look at your studentvue to make sure that your schedule is complete and looks correct. Forms to request a change are available in the counseling office. Seniors that want to be considered for early release or late start must complete a separate form, it is also due before winter break.