- Olathe Public Schools
- Olathe Public Schools Homepage
6-3-21 — June 2021 Board Meeting Review
June 3, 2021 ~ The Olathe Public Schools Board of Education met June 3 to act on several different topics.
COVID-19 Protocols for Next School Year
As conditions relating to COVID-19 continue to improve, district administrators hope to return to more normal operations and traditions. Superintendent John Allison shared proposed COVID-19 protocols to take effective July 2, if conditions continue to improve, community transmission remains low, and the vaccine becomes more widely available for students.
The board discussed the proposed protocols which may be adjusted if the need arises. Board members voted to approve the following protocols:
- Face coverings highly encouraged but not required
- Visitors allowed on campuses
- Frequent hand washing by staff and students
- Enhanced sanitation by district staff; increased use of outdoor air
- Report confirmed cases of COVID-19 to school administrators (parents) or supervisor (district employees)
- Exposure notices to impacted staff or students
- Olathe Virtual School option for students who wish to continue learning online
In other business, the board:
- Approved a consent agenda including meeting minutes; financial and accounts payable reports; human resources report; renewal of the Xello college and career readiness resource; purchase of elementary and high school reading intervention materials; official name of the district’s virtual school (Olathe Virtual School); and memorandum of understanding with the Olathe National Education Association.
- Approved a one-year salary reimbursement agreement with KidsTLC. (special services and general fund budgets)
- Approved the annual subscription and licensing support for the School Dude work order ticketing system. (capital outlay)
- Approved renewal of the annual licensing support for substitute management and employee evaluation software from Frontline Education. (capital outlay)
- Approved renewal of the annual licensing support for Edgenuity physical education software. (capital outlay)
- Approved renewal of the annual licensing for Nearpod software. (capital outlay)
- Approved the software subscription licensing and support for Blackboard communications software. (capital outlay)
- Approved the software subscription licensing and support renewal for Mosyle mobile device management system for district Apple products. (capital outlay)
- Approved the purchase of hotspot devices to provide internet access to students without access at home. (capital outlay)
- Approved renewal of the Panorama Education social-emotional learning assessment resource. (capital outlay)
- Approved the purchase of auditorium equipment for Olathe West High School. (capital outlay)
- Approved the premium/fee quotes for 2021-22 general insurance policies. (general fund and special liability fund)
- Approved the milk and juice bids for the new school year. (Food Service fund)
- Approved the purchase of e-Learning modules for student and staff ALICE training. (capital outlay)
- Received information on future action items including Horizon OneSource software for Food Services, athletic apparel and equipment, student trips, Kansas Homeland Security Region L Hazard Mitigation Plan, audio/visual equipment for Board of Education meetings, audio/visual control systems for the Instructional Resource Center, Power Up reading resources, equipment for the Healthcare Sciences program, and board policy revisions.
- Received the Head Start director’s monthly written report.
The complete agenda is available by visiting the BoardDocs website.