- Olathe Public Schools
- Olathe Public Schools Homepage
1-19-21 — New Format for Kindergarten Round-Up
Jan. 19, 2021 ~ Kindergarten Round-Up in the Olathe School District will be held from 1-6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25 in each elementary school. This is offered by appointment only, so please contact your elementary school for an appointment. Current kindergarten students do not have class that day.
Parents who are not sure which elementary school their child should attend may use the school locator feature on the district website.
Kindergarten Round-Up is a pre-enrollment activity for parents and their future kindergartners (children who will turn 5 on or before Aug. 31).
- Only one parent and no siblings should attend.
- Parents and children must wear masks when entering and in the school.
- Parents must present a form of identification upon entering the building.
Parents should bring a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, or any document that reasonably establishes the child’s age and serves as temporary proof of identity. State law governs the age at which a child may enter kindergarten or first grade, and the district cannot deviate from the law.
In addition to the birth certificate, parents should bring:
- proof of residency such as a utility bill,
- information about the child’s immunizations and inoculations,
- a certified copy of the birth certificate of the child, or
- as an alternative for the child in the custody of the Secretary of Social and Rehabilitation Services, a certified copy of the court order placing the child in the custody of the secretary. In the absence of a certified copy of birth certificate for the child in kindergarten or first grade, any document that reasonably tends to establish the age of the child will be accepted as temporary proof of identity.
Parents should contact their school for an appointment and if they have questions about Kindergarten Round-Up or the enrollment process.