- Tech 233
- Tech 233 Homepage
7-19-21 — July 2021 Board Meeting Review
July 19, 2021 ~ Joe Beveridge was elected as the 2021-22 president of the Olathe Board of Education during the group’s July 15 meeting. Brian Geary will serve as vice president for the upcoming year.
The first meeting of the new fiscal year is also when the board appoints its clerk (Joy Bondurant), deputy clerk (Barbara Behm) and treasurer (Merle Hastert). The board reappointed Michael Norris of Norris Keplinger Hicks & Welder LLC as the district’s general counsel.
In other business, the board:
- Approved a consent agenda including meeting minutes, financial and accounts payable reports; human resources report; 1,116-hour policy for 2021-22; inclement weather days for the 2021-22 school year; designation of official newspaper for district notices; various appointments and designations; resolution for document destruction; resolution for disposal of surplus property; depository and investment institutions; resolution for use of petty cash; resolution for use of district student activity funds; authorization of advance payment of claims; authorization of contract with New Teacher Center; and a handful of student trips.
- Approved the expenditure of funds for the use of on-call trade services contracts. (capital outlay)
- Approved the purchase of annual software maintenance and licensing for Horizon OneSource software. (Food Service fund)
- Approved the purchase of Motorola radios as part of the district’s radio upgrade plan. (capital outlay)
- Approved the purchase of headsets for elementary assessments. (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) grant)
- Approved the purchase of audio/visual control systems and equipment for the Instructional Resource Center meeting and training spaces. (capital outlay)
- Approved the renewal of Raptor visitor management’s annual access fee. (capital outlay)
- Approved the annual expenditure of funds for armored car services. (general fund)
- Approved the annual expenditure for leased vehicles through Enterprise Fleet Management. (capital outlay)
- Approved the purchase of PowerUp reading resource. (general fund)
- Set its regular meeting dates for the first Thursday (generally) of each month, at 6 p.m. The third Thursday of the month may be reserved for possible special meetings. Future meeting dates are Aug. 5, Sept. 2, Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2, Jan. 13, 2022, Feb. 3, March 3, April 7, May 5 and June 2. The board’s organizational meeting will be held July 14, 2022.
- Appointed Kristin Schultz to serve as the 2021-22 Head Start Policy Council board representative and Brad Boyd to serve as the 2021-22 Olathe Public Schools Foundation board representative.
- Adopted a resolution indicating the adoption of a 2021-22 tax rate in excess of the revenue neutral tax rate.
- Received information on future action items including a student trip, e-Rate Solutions consulting fees, board policy revisions, professional training from the Teachers College of Reading and Writing Project, Gizmos online interactive science simulation for high school students, and Amira reading and dyslexia screening assessment tool.
- Received a written report on unencumbered cash balances as of July 1.
- Held an executive session for a discussion with the district's attorney.
- Held an executive session to discuss non-elected personnel.
The complete agenda is available by visiting the BoardDocs website.