- Chisholm Trail Middle School
- Chisholm Trail Middle School Homepage
8-9-22 — August 2022 Board Meeting Review
Aug. 9, 2022 ~ The Olathe Board of Education met Aug. 4 for its regular meeting. The agenda included an internal review of an incident at Olathe East High School, an update on the FY 2023 budget development process, and recognition of several state sports champions.
- Johnson County Community College and the Johnson County Community College Foundation were recognized for their longstanding partnership and support of Olathe Public Schools, through opportunities like CTE Scholars and funding support to the Olathe Public Schools Foundation.
- Several Olathe athletes were honored for winning state championships in track and field this past spring. Read an article about these outstanding athletes
Internal Review of March 4 Incident
Dr. Jim McMullen, assistant superintendent for middle school education, and Executive Director of Safety Services Brent Kiger updated board members on lessons learned from the Olathe East High School shooting that occurred March 4. They also provided a recap of existing and new safety enhancements for early childhood through seniors across the district, including safety initiatives funded by Bond 2022 and an update on the district’s new CrisisAlert system.
Preliminary Budget Information
Deputy Superintendent John Hutchison shared preliminary budget information with the board for further guidance on accessing available funding authority and mill levy considerations.
In other business, the board:
- Approved a consent agenda including meeting minutes, financial and accounts payable reports, human resources report, board policy revisions, and policy revision for BCBI policy.
- Amended a resolution to establish the start time for 2022-23 regular meeting dates for the Board of Education to 5:45 p.m.
- Approved the purchase of hotspot devices to provide internet access to students without access at home. (capital outlay funding)
- Approved the renewal of Solarwinds enterprise monitoring software. (capital outlay)
- Approved the one-year renewal of Absolute Resilience student security licenses. (capital outlay)
- Approved the annual renewal of subscription and licensing support for Adobe Creative Cloud. (capital outlay)
- Approved the licensing renewals for Frontline Education modules. (capital outlay)
- Approved an agreement for multi-function device (copier) lease and managed print services programs. (capital outlay)
- Accepted a quote from Boarder States Electric to replace parking lot lights at the district’s two athletic complexes. (2022 Bond)
- Approved a roofing consultant proposal for projects across the district. (2022 Bond)
- Approved renewal of the F5 network traffic manager service and maintenance solution. (general fund)
- Approved renewal of Zoom services. (capital outlay)
- Approved the renewal of e-hallpass software from Eduspire Solutions. (capital outlay)
- Approved the Notice of Hearing to consider exceeding the revenue neutral rate. The hearing will be at 5 p.m. Aug. 31 in the Education Center.
- Approved the Notice of Hearing publication for the 2023 fiscal year budget. The hearing will be at 5:15 p.m. Aug. 31 in the Education Center.
- Received information on future action items including Microsoft licensing renewal, imaging system software maintenance and support renewal, bulk road salt and snow removal services, architectural engineering proposal, mechanical engineering consultant proposal, high school science courses, and a student trip.
- Received a written report update on the various 2022 bond projects throughout the district.
- Held an executive session to consult with the district’s attorney.